11.30.2016

Thanksgiving Week: Part 1


We headed to my parent's house at the beginning of last week to spend our Thanksgiving holiday in East Texas.  The kids were so excited to see their grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles.  They always have such a fun time when we go to KiKi and Pop's house.  Of course, this has always felt like home for me…it's my childhood home.  My parents have lived in the same house since I was in 3rd grade--so no matter how many miles I may travel---how far I may live away---it will always feel like home in my heart.

The weather was pretty chilly starting out…but that didn't stop the kids from playing outside ALL day, everyday and having a blast together.


Taylor and her Bella…or as she fondly calls her, "Belda" ;-)


Sugar and Katie getting some special attention from Lola…







It warms my heart to see my children so happy and getting to play with their cousins.  
They love each other so much and are each other's best friends. 



Sweet baby girl…love her so much!!



The girls having some girl time….
Trying to get the boys to pose...
Silly boys...



We started helping my parents clear out and organize their shop while we were in town…
over the years it's kind of the been the storehouse for all of our stuff. I had all of my old teacher
stuff stored there from when I first started teaching years ago.  It was fun to go back through all
 my old materials and photos of classrooms and students.

During the clean out--we found all sorts of old family photos--oh my goodness--
we had some good laughs going through those.  They brought back so many
special childhood memories...and fond memories of loved ones that are no longer with us.

Here's one below that we laughed out loud when we pulled it out of a photo box we found in the shop...
my brother Brian and I way back in the 70s--yikes!!

We had fun trying to re-create it for the kids...:-)

These two were cracking me up at one point…being silly in the back of Pop's golf cart.
They love doing their squishy faces. ;-)




Later that night...the cousins had fun celebrating Gavin's birthday with a fun family party.















A beautiful first day of our Thanksgiving week in East Texas…
I look forward to sharing more in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment