11.18.2015

THREE



Our sweet Taylor Elizabeth turned 3 earlier this month and we had so much fun celebrating her special day. Since Gavin and Taylor are still so young...we've decided until they're a bit older--we're just doing family birthday celebrations until they're 5. She had been so sick with a fever and runny nose all week leading up to it, I was worried that she was not going to feel up to doing much on her birthday...but the morning of--she woke up ready to put on her party dress and was all excited to have her birthday party.

I had flown the night before to Dallas for a quick trip to see some of my oldest childhood friends that I haven't seen in over twenty years for a little "girls weekend" reunion, but I was back on a plane headed home early that next morning so we could celebrate Taylor's birthday.  The hubby called me early that morning before I boarded my plane and shared a video of he and Taylor--apparently she had awoken him bright and early and was ready to start her birthday party at 5am. :-)

As soon as I walked in the door after driving home from the airport...Taylor and the boys greeted me at the door all excited and she was wearing her pretty yellow princess dress that her grandma, KiKi had bought her for birthday. She screamed out in excitement, "Mommy!! Mommy!! It's Happy Birthday time...It's Happy Birthday time!!"  

And so I told the boys to take her back to the playroom so Daddy and I could get the table all set up in the kitchen and then we'd call them in when it was all ready....











She needed a little help from Bubba with blowing out the candles...


















She had a wonderful birthday filled with lots of laughter and squeals of excitement.  Oh how we love our little princess and feel so blessed to have her in our life.  She brings so much laughter, love and joy in our lives every single day.  What a blessing she is to our family.  We love you baby girl so very, very much and we look forward to watching you grow and blossom into womanhood over the years.


Jody came around the corner later that evening and found baby girl sitting on the kitchen counter enjoying the last bit of her birthday cupcakes.  And by enjoying them, I mean licking the tops off every single one of them.  

Definitely one of those priceless moments we'll cherish forever…



No comments:

Post a Comment