Our little ballerina

Wednesday, November 4, 2015


Taylor at 2 years old loves to twirl, dance, spin and leap around the house in her tutu's and ballet shoes.  She always asks us to turn on her Angelina Ballerina shows and she'll dance along.  It's really precious to watch. In fact, dancing along with Angelina is her favorite thing to do.

I pulled out my camera the other day and snapped a few pics of her practicing some dance moves before we headed off to her ballet/tap class.  I couldn't help but feel this feeling wash over my heart as I watched Taylor dance...this deep feeling of gratitude for my Father in Heaven.  How thankful I am to have a daughter ---and to be able to share these experiences with her.  As many of you know, there was a time just a few short years ago due to my inability to bear children and due to repeated failed adoptions that I had given up hope of ever having a daughter...I had given up on my dream of being able to take a daughter to ballet classes.

What a tender moment this was to watch Tay-Tay twirl around and dance in the bathroom with the biggest smile on her face as she joyfully exclaimed, "Mommy...watch me!"  Oh my goodness...my heart just swelled with joy and gratitude to my Heavenly Father.  There's not a day that doesn't go by that I don't think of her beautiful birthmother and what she did for Taylor.  I have such gratitude and love in my heart for her. She is strong, brave, intelligent, beautiful and courageous woman. I see so much of her in our daughter and I'm grateful for that...especially that unbelievable hair that she passed on to our daughter!! ;-)





















The funny thing though is when we get to dance class, she shuts down and won't dance… :-(  She may move her feet a little, but she'll usually just stand there and watch the other girls twirl around or just run over to me and refuse to go back out to the dance floor.  I'm thinking about pulling her out of this class and just working with her at home because the last few classes she's just insisted on sitting in my lap.   Since I have a dance background I could teach her and then maybe we could try classes again this summer or in the fall when she's a bit older.







Either way though we are super proud of our little blooming ballerina…her Daddy and I are enjoying and savoring all these precious dance performances she loves to put on for us daily around the house in her colorful tutu's and ballet shoes.  And cherishing every moment we have with her at this precious age. 


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!