Time with family

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

 As summer is drawing to an end and the new school year around the corner, I decided to take the kids for one last road trip to East Texas to spend time with KiKi and Pops and the rest of our extended family.  I was a little nervous about making the 6-hour drive by myself with the kids and our new puppy, Maximus--but we survived thankfully without any major meltdowns or drama.



I was so mad at myself that I left my DSLR camera at home--I realized it wasn't in the van about an hour into our 6-hour drive…ugh!!

Here are just a snippet of the pics I took with my phone camera during our time with family in East Texas.





















The kids made so many fun memories with their cousins and grandparents while there…
they enjoyed swimming for hours together, painting with KiKi, feeding the donkey, Maximus chasing them, going on walks, watching movies, going on Sonic runs with mama/Aunt GiGi and playing dress up in all of KiKi's fun costumes.

I'm always reminded when we all get together how thankful I am for the amazing family God has blessed me with.  My parents who love each of us so deeply and are the best grandparents. My three wonderful brothers who are my best friends and such fun uncles.  My sweet sisters-in-law who teach me so much about what true sisterhood is..  And my precious nieces and nephews--boy, my heart is full of gratitude for each and every one of them and the tremendous joy they bring into my life and the lives of my children.

We always have the best time when we get together --but sadly, that makes the good-byes all
the more difficult.  I always feel as if I'm leaving a piece of my heart behind when I pull out of my parent's driveway to head back home.


“We leave something of ourselves behind when we leave a place, we stay there, even though we go away. And there are things in us that we can find again only by going back there.” 
 ― Pascal Mercier, Night Train to Lisbon

2 comments:

  1. I think it's so great that you go to such lengths to visit your family. It must be very challenging to do the road trips with the little ones and the puppy. You are amazing, Jennifer. It's great that you do that; you're making such special memories. Glad we get to share in it here. Enjoy your last days of summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathleen! I am always so touched by your sweet comments. :-)

      xo,
      jenn

      Delete