8.28.2015

I working Mommy...


 I had just stepped out of the shower the other morning and you know that sinking feeling you get as a mom of small children when you feel something is up or out of the ordinary?  You know the one I'm talking about...the one that stops you in your tracks when you all of a sudden take note and realize how quiet the house is and you know it shouldn't be that quiet with a 2 and 3-year old in the house.  I quickly threw my robe on and started walking around the house in search of my little munchkins --and yes, I was already trying to mentally prepare myself for crayon/marker drawings on the walls---toilet paper rolls spread out all over the house or maybe even peanut butter spread all over the kitchen walls.


I found Gavin pretty quickly laying quietly on the floor in the den watching a Max & Ruby video on the iPad (whew and big relief!) --but Tay Tay--well, she was no where in sight.  I searched all the bedrooms...the laundry room...the bathrooms and then I decided to check Daddy's office--and that is where I discovered her doing her thing.  A half naked cutie-pie sporting mama's reading glasses just working away in Daddy's office....taking notes, typing on the computer and making important phone calls. :-)

She just casually and calmly looked at me when I walked in and said, "I working Mommy".  I laughed so hard and then turned and darted towards my purse to grab my phone to start snapping these photos and videos.




Yep, this precious moment pretty much made my day.

And, I gotta tell ya, I was sooooo relieved and grateful that she didn't write on the walls after all--or all over Daddy's computer screen and his important legal documents that were laying on the desk.  :-)  

video


Never a dull moment around here.

Happy Friday, y'all...hope everyone has a blessed weekend!

xo,
jenn


2 comments:

  1. How adorable. She's just the cutest thing.
    I'm glad it wasn't a catastrophe, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathleen…her little personality is really starting to come out--she cracks us up on a daily basis. :-)

      Delete