First day of school

Monday, August 24, 2015



We continued a long standing Bishop family tradition that my brothers and I used to do when we were little kids...we laid out Noah's school clothes last night (the eve of the first day of the new school year) and he put his first day of school outfit on Superman so we could snap a photo of the two of them together.  He could have used a stuffed animal or any other play toy character--but given the age he's at now...I figured Superman would be his choice.   :-)

When it was time to go to bed, he shared with me that he was excited, but also a little nervous about starting 3rd grade in the morning.  His Daddy gave him a father's priesthood blessing to help calm his nerves.  And then he fell fast asleep.


And the 6:30 alarm came way too early for all of us this summer...yikes!!

Noah is a deep sleeper and could literally sleep all day if we let him, so I knew this was probably going to be a battle trying to get him up this morning.  He's somewhere nestled deep under those covers...



And as predicted, he was NOT HAPPY when mama began our early morning ritual of getting up early and dressed for school.  It's so hard to get back into the routine after sleeping in all summer. :-(



Finally after LOTS of coaxing... he was up and at'em.  He got his clothes on, fixed his own hair and brushed his teeth and bolted out of his room excited and ready to go to his first day in 3rd grade.  He said he was ready to see all of his friends. 

I dressed Gavin and Taylor quickly and loaded them in the van.  And then snapped a few photos of this handsome fella before we drove off.







A few pics in front of his little country school...



And this is how I left him... saying hi to his friends in his class.  
I hope and pray he has a great first day at school and that he will have a blessed year. 

I can't wait to hear about his day in a few hours when we pick him up. :-)

I hope all of you sweet moms out there are enjoying this season of going back to school and hopefully enjoying some time to yourself while the kiddos are at school to recharge those "mommy batteries" after a long summer.  

And speaking of recharging batteries...I've been feeling so worn out the past few months since our move and struggling to find time for myself with the hubby traveling extensively for work and doing this parenting gig all by myself in his absence.  So, we decided it was time to put the little ones in some sort of part-time preschool program so I can get a little break each week and they can hang out with kiddos their own age in a more formal setting.  I'm not ready to send them off just yet to a preschool full-time, so we decided on a Mother's Day Out program. They start next week and I'm so looking forward to it.  I'll have 2-whole days all to myself without kids. :-)


love and blessings,
jenn

2 comments:

  1. Yay for school starting. As sad as it is to say goodbye to summer, I do like routine. So glad you'll get some time to yourself. I used to belong to a mom's group when my kids were little. There was babysitting there while the moms gathered in a different room. It was the most glorious 2 hours of my week. I loved my kids when they were little, but it was hard work and the break was so needed. Enjoy your time alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathleen!! Hope you and your sweet family have a blessed school year!

      Delete