8.20.2015

Back to School Night


We went as a family to Noah's "Meet the Teacher" event at his school last night.  It was a fun time for all the kids and their families to drop off their school supplies, see their new classroom and meet their teacher. Noah was super excited about getting to say hi to his teacher and see all of his friends.  

And I can't begin to tell you how much we love this little school that he is attending since we moved here.  It's part of the larger school district in our town, but this little campus is out in the country and only has around 100 students.  There is only one class per grade level for grades Kinder thru 5th which makes for a much more cozy learning community for all of us.  We were super fortunate to get him in when we moved to this area.  There's usually a wait list for kids to get in from what I have been told by some of the other parents.

It's also pretty special because of this neat tidbit of history...President Lyndon B. Johnson attended this country school when he was in 8th grade.  

When we pulled into the parking lot, the kids were all excited when they saw the snow cone van parked in front of the school.  What a cool idea to offer this to the families---especially since it was so hot outside.  It was definitely a hit.





One of Noah's teachers...she is so sweet and amazing with our son-- he enjoys getting to work with her for his dyslexia.  I'm so grateful for teachers like Ms. Young who go above and beyond the call as a teacher.  It brought a tear to my eye when I saw this photo...you can see how much he cares for her. 


Sweet little Jamie holding Taylor--she and Noah are best buddies and in the same class (she lives just down the street from us) and Taylor LOVES her.  She always looks forward to when Jamie comes over to play at our house.


Noah's new classroom...he told us he's especially excited about the fact that it is so close to the cafeteria.  :-)


We were all so happy that Daddy could make the event with us...he's been traveling so much here lately for work--I was afraid it wouldn't work out with his schedule...but thankfully, he was in town and could go with us.  



We were especially happy to see that Noah's new teacher is an Aggie...whoop!! 





This was about the time that we yelled for the kids to come grab their snow cones...they were super excited! 



Tay-Tay was killing me in those boots...she insisted on wearing them with that outfit.  








She was saying, "CHEESE"...while I took these.







Oh my goodness...our sweet, handsome son.  My heart just melted when I looked at this photo.  It's so hard to believe that he's going to be in 3rd grade.  We are so very proud of the young man he has become and for how passionate he is about life.  He LOVES life and is the most social kid I have ever known.  He LOVES people..never meets a stranger and is always looking for how he can make someone else's day a little brighter.

I am one thankful mama to call him my son.  I hope he always knows how special he is...how my life is so much fuller and joyful because of his sweet spirit.  He watches out for his family and is always concerned about our well being. He is feisty and independent and I know these attributes will serve him well as he grows into adulthood.

Love you my precious boy (more than words could ever fully express) and can't wait for your new school year to begin.

xo...


1 comment:

  1. We love you, too, sweet Noah!
    Kiki and Pops!
    Love Taylor and Gavin, too!

    ReplyDelete