2.27.2015

Pop's birthday celebration

We made a quick trip to East Texas last weekend to see my parents and celebrate my Dad's birthday.  It was our annual February Bishop birthday celebration.  My dad, along with my two brothers (Brian and Brent) and my sis-in-law all have birthdays in February.  I wish my hubby could have made the trip with us, but unfortunately he had to be in San Antonio for work.  
My selfie as we were leaving Fredericksburg and beginning our 6-hour road trip to my parent's place.  I was trying to think positive and pump myself up that I could handle  a long drive with 3 small children by myself.  :-)
My selfie as we were leaving Fredericksburg and beginning our 6-hour road trip to my parent's place.  I was trying to think positive and pump myself up that I could handle  a long drive with 3 small children by myself.  :-)
The kids were so excited to see their grandparents and to get to play with all of their cousins. I drove the first leg of the drive from McAllen to Comfort (about 5 hours)  last Thursday with the kids.  Jody followed us in his truck since he had to be up that way for work.  We spent the night in Comfort at our little ranch and then Friday morning, the kids and I drove to Fredericksburg and then  hit the road to drive the remaining 6 hours of the drive to my parent's place.  It was a LOOOOONG drive to do by myself with the kids (especially with me still potty training Gavin).  We had to stop about 6 times along the way…ugh! ! What a relief it was to pull into my parent's driveway after the long day of travel. 
I was so excited to see my family ...we haven't been back to my hometown since this summer.  So it had been a while.  I didn't take a lot of pics while we were there...I wanted to focus on having quality time with everyone instead of worrying about taking a lot of photos.  But here are a few that I took with my camera phone while we were there. 
My brother, Brian with my sis-n-law, Katherine and little Gavin
My brother, Brian with my sis-n-law, Katherine and little Gavin
My brother, Brent and my sis-in-law, Sheri
My brother, Brent and my sis-in-law, Sheri
Noah with his cousins, Ava and Beck
Noah with his cousins, Ava and Beck
Taylor enjoyed waiting by the door to see my mom's "big" dogs.  :-)  It was her safe spot to look at them.  Mom and Dad have a boxer and a great dane.
Taylor enjoyed waiting by the door to see my mom's "big" dogs.  :-)  It was her safe spot to look at them.  Mom and Dad have a boxer and a great dane.
The cousins getting all settled in for the night...
The cousins getting all settled in for the night...
Early morning breakfast with Pops for the grandkids...he loves to make pancakes, eggs and bacon for all the grandkids when they come to visit.
Early morning breakfast with Pops for the grandkids...he loves to make pancakes, eggs and bacon for all the grandkids when they come to visit.
Our little country girl...she LOVES the outdoors--especially when she gets to wear her John Deere boots.
Our little country girl...she LOVES the outdoors--especially when she gets to wear her John Deere boots.
Noah and his cousins chasing the dogs around the pasture.
Noah and his cousins chasing the dogs around the pasture.
Little Miss trying her best to keep up with the older kids. :-)
Little Miss trying her best to keep up with the older kids. :-)
The big dogs were scaring Beck and Noah so Uncle Brent helped them climb into the tree. They thought this hang out spot was pretty cool. 
The big dogs were scaring Beck and Noah so Uncle Brent helped them climb into the tree. They thought this hang out spot was pretty cool. 
The kids showing us their creation...a homemade sling shot.  
The kids showing us their creation...a homemade sling shot.  
Later in the day, we celebrated my Dad's birthday along with my brothers Brian, Brent and sis-n-law, Sheri.  They all have February birthdays.  Mother ordered the cake from The Butcher Shop and it was soooo good!
Later in the day, we celebrated my Dad's birthday along with my brothers Brian, Brent and sis-n-law, Sheri.  They all have February birthdays.  Mother ordered the cake from The Butcher Shop and it was soooo good!
We had such a wonderful time with the Bishop Bunch celebrating everyone's birthdays.  I am so grateful that I was able to travel home to be there to celebrate my Dad's special day.  What a blessing it is to be able to call him my Daddy.  I thank Heavenly Father every day for blessing me with such a loving, caring and righteous father.  He has always been such an example to me and my brothers of what it means to be a good husband and father--always willing to lend a helping hand and listen to us when we need him.  Oh how I love him.  I'm thankful that my children now have the chance to get to know him  and love him the way I always have.
Unfortunately, the weather began to get cold and icy by Sunday, so my parents and I talked it over and I decided I better cut my trip short and head home before it got too bad.  
My mom was so sweet, she rode all the way back with us to McAllen so I wouldn't have to make the 10 -hour drive by myself.  We had a great time laughing and visiting on the drive back.  I love her so much and am truly grateful she made the trip home with me and the kids.  What a help she was!! She stayed for a few days with us here in McAllen and then flew back home yesterday.  We so enjoyed getting to hang out with KiKi all week and I'm glad we were able to get in and out of Gilmer to see family before the ice and snow hit.  





No comments:

Post a Comment