A new year and a fresh start

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year !!! I hope you are each having a blessed holiday.  We're all snuggled in our warm house on this 1st day of 2015.  It's cold and rainy outside, so we're taking advantage of it by staying inside in our PJ's all day.  The hubby is enjoying watching college football and I'm sipping on a cup of hot chocolate while reading my book, The Red Tent.  The kids are having fun running around the house--squealing and playing with all their new Christmas toys, watching Frozen and Star Wars movies all the while eating cups full of popcorn.  I can't think of a better way I'd like to spend this day than in the comfort of my home with my family. :-)

collage

With the excitement of the New Year, I wanted to share some news---this will be my last and final blog post here on "Cupcakes and MudPuddles".  I'm officially moving my blog to a new space with a new name designed by the lovely blogger, Danielle Burkleo-- and can I just say--- I'm super, super, super excited about it.  I actually used to blog at this space several years ago, but decided to change my blog to "Cupcakes and MudPuddles" back in 2010 when we were trying to adopt again.  So, technically, it's not really new…but it feels fresh and new to me. ;-)  

I've been wanting to make this change for some time now, but have been holding off until we were able to finalize little Gavin's adoption.  And now that all of that is behind us…I'm sooooo ready to make this move and finally have a fresh start.   My "Cupcakes and MudPuddles" blog was initially started back in 2010 to try and connect with birthmothers as we were trying so desperately to grow our family via adoption after a series of failed adoptions. Our adoption agency recommended that I start a blog to introduce ourselves to potential birthmothers as a way to market ourselves.  The blog then slowly morphed from a family scrapbook into more of an adoption blog detailing our adoption journey and being foster parents. It has been so special and healing for me to write about this journey and all our special experiences, but I am now ready to close that chapter of my life.  We are officially done with adopting and feel so blessed to finally be a family of five.  I'd like to take my new blog in a different direction.  My new space is definitely still a work in progress, but it feels so refreshing to have a new place to record our family experiences and memories.  

If you'd like to continue following along and keep up with our little family---you can now find us over at  the new blog, Casa de Mask:  at www.casamask.blogspot.com.  I will be officially closing my "Cupcakes and MudPuddles" Facebook page that is associated with the blog this week.  If you've been following via Facebook, I now have my own personal Facebook page (Jennifer Bishop Mask) so feel free to send me a friend request and I'll post links to my blog posts there moving forward. 

If you'd like to sign up to follow Casa De Mask via email--just scroll down to the bottom of the new blog,  enter you email address in the box there and you'll begin receiving emails each time I update the new blog. 

I feel truly blessed to have made so many sweet friendships and acquaintances over the years via this blog…and I look forward to continuing these friendships and keeping up with everyone over at my new blog. 

May you each be blessed with much love, laughter and happiness in 2015…

love and blessings,
jennifer



4 comments:

  1. Sorry your sweet hubby is under the weather, but there is nothing better than being home with loved ones during the holidays. I am looking forward to your new blog. Adding it to my reading list now!!
    Happy New Year Jennifer! And, many blessings for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet friend. Hope you are having a wonderful holiday!

      xo,
      jennifer

      Delete
  2. My daughter and I both gasped when we read your words, "this is my last and final post at Cupcakes and Mudpuddles". Then we read the next line and breathed a sigh of relief. So glad we'll get to follow you over at the new place.
    Enjoy the rest of your New Year's Day. I hope your husband feels better soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad you guys are going to continue to follow along! Much love and happiness to you and your family this new year!

      xo,
      jennifer

      Delete