8.01.2014

A fun week at grandparent's house [Part One]

IMG_1001

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those
 on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens… 
but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, 
like pearls slipping off a string.” 

 ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea



A few weeks ago, after we went  RV camping in Boerne--
the hubby had to head back home for work, so the kids and I
drove on to East Texas from there to see my parents. 

Going home and getting to hang out in the country for a few days is always 
good for my soul and the kids were especially happy about getting 
to see and play with their cousins.

I bet Noah asked me no less than 100 times during our drive there…

"How much longer, Mommy?!!…Are we almost there, Mommy?!!"  

He was soooo excited.  :-)  I couldn't blame him though---
I was pretty stoked myself about getting to see my family.

IMG_1100

My heart, mind and soul always seems to relax almost immediately
the minute I pull into my parent's driveway…
so many fond memories of growing up here.  
I love when we are able to come into town and visit.  
And I was especially excited that we were going to be 
staying for an entire week for this visit.

We had great weather the entire week we were there and 
the kids had so much fun roaming around and playing outside on my parent's land.  
All three of my kiddos love the outdoors…so of course they wanted to be 
outside the entire time.  The week we were there, my parents were having 
their pastured mowed and the hay baled…an oh my goodness--- 
the kids were so enamored with that entire process.  
The loved watching the tractor roll out all the hay bales one by one…
at the end of each day…Gavin and Taylor liked walking out into 
the pasture and touching the hay bales.

IMG_1148


Especially Taylor--every time I turned around we were having 
to go get her out of the pasture--she was wanting to roam out there all the time.


IMG_1152


IMG_1143


IMG_1205
IMG_1133
IMG_1103
 
IMG_1097


 The pool is always a hit with all the grandkids and the 
perfect way to cool off in the afternoons…

I remember so many fun summers with my brothers 
and all our friends hanging out here when we were kids--
we'd literally spend hours out here swimming and laying out.

Good times and fun memories...

IMG_1132

IMG_1098

My brother, Brent built this playset a few years ago 
for all the grandkids to play on when they come to KiKi and Pops.

IMG_1083
IMG_1034
IMG_1031

My mom's new dog, Bella…she's really sweet
 and enjoyed posing for the camera.  :-)

IMG_1028
IMG_1106
IMG_1110
IMG_1173


Later in the week, my sisters-in-law, Sheri and Katherine, came to visit with
 my nieces and nephews.  We hung out for a few days…

 I so enjoyed my visit with them.  And the cousins had a blast together!

IMG_1090

One of the kid's favorite activities is riding around
 in Pop's golf cart on the land.

IMG_1096
IMG_1081

They also LOVE to feed the neighbor's animals…

IMG_1102
IMG_1076
IMG_1078
IMG_1072
IMG_1082
IMG_1069
IMG_1070
IMG_1164
IMG_1159
IMG_1162
IMG_1180
  IMG_1182

Taylor was cracking us up…
chicka wanted to walk and run all through the pasture and 
down the driveway while we were there.

She wore me slap out while I tried to chase her around 
and keep up with her!!

IMG_1185
IMG_1189
IMG_1194
IMG_1179
IMG_1167
IMG_1065


What a fun time we had at KiKi and Pop's house… 
I'll share more pics of our visit in my next post. 

 xo, jennifer

1 comment:

  1. It is always fun to get out in the country and play. Nothing like fresh air and lots of exercise!

    ReplyDelete