Easter Memories 2014

Wednesday, April 23, 2014



We had so much fun this past weekend celebrating Easter together as a family. It's been a whirlwind few weeks trying to get moved into the new home--so we're still living around boxes and piles of stuff--but we didn't let that stop us from having some fun together and taking a break from unpacking everything.   We watched this video about Christ as a family and talked about the "true meaning" of Easter.  We talked with the kids about how it is not just about the Easter bunny and all the goodies they received, but instead--and more importantly--it's a celebration of the Savior-- his life, his death and his glorious resurrection.  That He lives and we will see him again someday.  Noah had been studying the resurrection at his school all last week--so he shared with us his understanding of how Jesus died on the cross to take away our sins and came back to life 3 days later.  It was so sweet to hear him tell his version of the story and so tenderly teach this to his little brother and sister. 

Afterwards, we had fun decorating the eggs--doing our traditional family Easter egg hunt and then seeing what all the Easter bunny brought them.  

































































What a blessing it was to make these special memories together this Easter season.  My heart was overflowing with gratitude as I watched the kids run and laugh in the backyard together as they hunted for their eggs.  To have little Gavin with us again this Easter (when last Easter we were still so worried that he might not be with us this year)--oh my goodness--what a tender mercy it was to watch him with his little sister and big brother--smiling and so happy.  And soon to be a permanent member of our family.  Such a miracle for our little family and one that was made possible because of our deep faith in Heavenly Father and the Savior.  

I have such gratitude to my Heavenly Father and the Savior-- for blessing us with these three beautiful children of ours. For helping me see past the deep hole in my heart that infertility left--and showing me an even more special path to becoming a mother--through the beautiful and glorious gift of adoption.

Yes, this Easter weekend, I not only enjoyed the festivities of the holiday--but I was also counting the many blessings and tender mercies that have come into my life as a wife and mother.  I will forever be thankful for a loving Savior who sees past all my flaws and shortcomings and still loves me--for the tremendous and painful sacrifice He made for all of us and for making it possible for us to return and live with Him again someday as eternal families.



2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful words, Jennifer. I am so happy that your heart is so filled with love and peace. God is good! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying I'm so happy for your family seems insufficient. But, that is all I can seem to muster in my feeble mind, I am so happy for you. On a side note...love your bench, can I say I covet it :)....and, the longhorn sculpture, I covet it too! I must so shopping with you some day!

    ReplyDelete