Baked Ziti

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I thought I'd share this great recipe with you today.  I actually got it from a friend of mine from church a while back.  She is such a sweetheart---she made this yummy meal for us while I was recovering from my surgery.  I was so grateful for her kindness in preparing this meal and oh my goodness--was it yummy!!  I made it for the first time last night for dinner and it was a winner once again with our crew.  The kids gobbled it down and the hubby even went back for seconds (that's always a good sign). ;-)

If your family likes lasagna--then they will most likely love this.  Even better...it's super easy to make!


Baked Ziti

1 pound dry ziti pasta
1 onion, chopped
1 pound lean ground beef
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
1 1/2 cups sour cream
6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.  Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes, drain.

In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat.  Add spaghetti sauce and simmer 15 minutes.

Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.  Layer as follows:  1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture.  Top with grated Parmesan cheese.

Bake for 30-45 minutes in preheated oven, or until cheese are melted.  (I covered the dish with foil for the first 20 minutes and then remove the foil for the last 10 minutes.)




No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!