8.18.2013

Sunday thoughts...Living each day with a sense of abundance

 photo photo_zps7c26e518.jpg

"Life is not all about planning and shaping, but about not knowing, and being okay with that.  It's about learning to take the moment that comes and make the best of it, without any idea of what's going to happen next....

It's time to remind ourselves to begin each day with gratitude for what is rather than worrying so much about what still might be.   Although each day does indeed afford us an opportunity to start again, the days are numbered after all...

Instead of regretting what's over and done with, I want to be glad for life as it is right now, accepting that we are, each one of us, struggling along as best we can to become the people we are meant to be...

Instead of mourning the passage of time, I want to live with a sense of abundance in the here and now, knowing that what we have is exactly enough."

-Katrina Kenison, The Gift of An Ordinary Day

2 comments:

  1. This is really an amazing thought. I really struggle with the "not knowing, and being okay with that." The last two years have been FULL of not-knowings and I know that there are many to come and they are really stretching me. I look to your example of enjoying the journey in the midst of the unknown and hope that I can learn to be better at it, too!!! Thanks so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture. I really hope it all turns out well for all of you! I can't wait to hear his name! You'll continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete