Nine months

Thursday, August 8, 2013

IMG_7396

“Sunsets, like childhood, are viewed with wonder not just because 
they are beautiful but because they are fleeting.” 
- Richard Paul Evans, The Gift 


Taylor Elizabeth is 9-months old today--can you believe it!!??  I'm all teary-eyed as I write this. I can't believe that in just 3-months we'll be celebrating her 1-year birthday!!  It kind of makes me sad because my time with her is flying by way too fast.  I pulled out my DSLR camera yesterday (haven't used it in way too long--kind of addicted to Instagram) and captured as many shots of her as I could while she was roaming around the house exploring.  Her favorite places in the house are Noah's room, the kitchen and Daddy's office.  She loves opening all the drawers in the kitchen and at Daddy's desk. :-)

It's so much fun photographing her---she always gets the biggest grin on her face and starts giggling when I am taking her picture.  So precious.

Little Miss is quite the busy bee these days...wowzers---literally into everything and exploring anything she can get her hands (and mouth) on. :-)  We have to watch her like a hawk! She has so much energy and personality now, too...such a reminder for me as a mother how I absolutely LOVE this age.

She loves for us to cuddle with her and getting smothered with kisses---something I know all too soon will not be the case.  She is enamored with her big brothers....loves to follow them around the house while they're playing with their trucks and airplanes.  She especially likes it when Noah makes silly faces at her---she belly laughs so hard.  I so wish I could just bottle her up and keep her this age forever.  But alas...life doesn't work that way, does it?

Let's see...some things I'd like to note in this post---she loves to eat...super easy to please when it comes to food.  Thank goodness!! She has yet to refuse anything I give her which is sooooo nice.  Noah and baby boy are often picky eaters--especially when it comes to the texture of some food items.  But not this girl--she is like a little birdy--always sitting in her high chair with her little mouth open-- ready to chow down anything I put in front of her.

I continue to work with her on holding her bottle, but no ma'am...she won't have any of that.  She prefers mama or daddy to hold it for her.

I am still in awe of how much hair she has---it's just beautiful.  And we have learned that cute hair bows are NOT her thing...everyday she and I go round and round as I try to keep her hair out of her eyes with a cute hair tie or bow---usually in a matter of minutes she has pulled it out.  Argh...and then I put it back in and she pulls it back out.  :-)  The mother-daughter saga has already begun. 

She is still doing her army crawl---which is pretty hilarious--she can move so fast--however, we have noticed the past few days she's been moving around more on all fours--so hopefully she'll be full on crawling really soon.  But she may not---Jody and I were talking the other night how Noah never did a full on crawl.  He did this funky sideways crawl with his weight on one knee and the other leg extended our sideways until he took his first step.  Either way--we're not too concerned about it--she is super strong and agile and is doing great with her developmental progression. 

The sleeping schedule is VERY important to our Sleeping Beauty...she wakes every morning around 7:00AM--usually like clock work.  Then she enjoys a bottle and some oatmeal--afterwards she and baby boy love to play with their toys together and explore around the house.  And then around 10AM she is usually ready for her morning nap.  She's up and adam around noon and ready for food and her bottle.  Plays and runs errands with mama in the afternoons and is ready for another  nap around 3:30PM.  At night time, she loves her bath and bottle just before bed around 7:45 or 8:00PM.  And then our sleeping beauty is content for the rest of the night...sleeping and dreaming away in her bedroom.

Girlfriend has discovered her voice....and let me tell ya---she is a LOUD screamer!!  Oh my goodness...she especially likes to scream when we are sitting down for a family meal.  Not a scream like she's upset (which she can do that, too) but it's more like an "I want to be heard" type of scream.  I literally think someday she might crack a window--it's that loud.  We try not to laugh because we don't want to encourage it--but sometimes it's so funny--we can't help it.  

What a beautiful journey it has been these past 9-months with our beautiful baby girl.  We love her so much and are so thankful that she's healthy and happy.  What an amazing blessing and gift it is to be her mommy.

IMG_7373
IMG_7372
IMG_7377 IMG_7380 IMG_7381 IMG_7386 IMG_7387 IMG_7389 PicMonkey Collage-taylor 9mo. IMG_7397 IMG_7398 IMG_7399 IMG_7401 IMG_7402 IMG_7404 IMG_7406 IMG_7417

4 comments:

  1. OMGOODNESS...She is so precious! Can't believe it has been 9 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren...I know--it's crazy how fast these past 9 months have flown by.

      Delete
  2. She is a doll. And the fact that she's a good sleeper just makes her all the more cute! Can't believe she's 9 months. That time went fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathleen---it really is such a blessing that she sleeps through the night. :-)

      Delete