7.26.2013

Remembering to count our blessings...


"When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed, 
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost, 
Count your many blessings, name them one by one, 
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done. 

Count your blessings, name them one by one, 
Count your blessings, see what God hath done! 
Count your blessings, name them one by one, 
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done. 
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Are you ever burdened with a load of care? 
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear? 
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly, 
And you will keep singing as the days go by. 
When you look at others with their lands and gold, 
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold; 

Count your many blessings—wealth can never buy 
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high. 
So, amid the conflict whether great or small, 
Do not be discouraged, God is over all; 
Count your many blessings, angels will attend, 
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end."


(“When Upon Life’s Billows,” Hymns, no. 202.)

**********************************************

It never ceases to amaze me how at the end of each week--
as I peruse back over the photos I've taken of my family...
my heart always seems to overflow with such gratitude for this life
I have been blessed to live---as a wife and mother.

To be married to my best friend and sweetheart, Jody Ray--how thankful I am for this man. 
His strength, support and constant love steady my heart and soul in ways I could never full explain--

I am thankful  every.  single.  day.  that I get to spend with him--hand in hand--
walking side by side as husband and wife.

...and to be the mother to three of the most precious children--
I am in awe that Heavenly Father was able to fill the painful hole in my heart that infertility left...
with such amazing, unexpected blessings of joy.

I am humbled  every.  single.  day.  to be able to spend these tender moments of my life pouring my
heart, soul, energy and gifts into caring and loving our children.


I am learning in this journey through life that so often the key to finding happiness
and not getting bogged down by life's setbacks is remembering to take note of all the blessings
  (both big and small) that we have been given -- to never take them for granted---and---
 always remembering to thank our Father in Heaven for them.

No matter how challenging, discouraging or heartbreaking the journey of life may be at times...
it's good for the heart and soul to count our blessings...
name them one by one...

every.  single.  day.

and when we do so---
we'll be reminded how the Lord's hand is in our life.


Hope everyone has a blessed weekend...

xo,
jennifer




1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post Jennifer. That was always one of my Granny's favorite hymns. It brought back a lot of memories of her singing it to us.

    ReplyDelete