7.01.2013

Out and about in Boston



The time had come for us to leave our comfy little getaway place in Ogunquit, Maine.
We had such a wonderful time staying there and took advantage of this time 
without all the kids to rest and relax in this gorgeous little town by the sea.

Our plans on our last day were to head back to Boston--we were flying out the next 
day to Virginia.  It was kind of a last minute decision to go to Virginia--
we still own a home there in the Lexington area and had been wanting for some 
time to go check on our house and also, to just see beautiful historic Lexington again.  

It's hard to believe it's been four years since we left Virginia---so we thought since
we were already on the East Coast---why not take advantage of the time there
and head on into Virginia for a few days.

We planned out the day where we could spend our last day in Boston with 
my in-laws and their friends before flying to Virginia.  I had been to Boston before 
many years ago when I was in college-- but it was in the winter and there was snow
 everywhere, so we didn't get to do much sightseeing. 
It was neat this time around getting to tour Boston while the weather was so nice...
we really enjoyed our day there looking around.

I loved hearing all the thick Boston accents...so different from our southern accents. :-)

Here are just a few photos of our time in Boston...


We had a fun day out and about in Boston...
I enjoyed getting to spend this time with Pop and Janet....
after a full day of sightseeing, my in-laws dropped us off at our hotel in Boston
 and they and their friends headed back to Ogunquit to spend a few more days.

We were so tired from all the sightseeing---the three of us were fast asleep 
as soon as we got settled into our hotel room...
we had to catch a cab for the airport that next morning at 3:30AM to catch
 our 5:30AM flight to Richmond.

Whew...it was going to be another long day of travel...
but, we were so excited to be able to visit Virginia and see the 
beautiful Shenandoah Valley area again.

More pics to come from our time there....

xo...


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I have been through, but haven't spent much time there. The company hubby worked for years ago has their home office there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boston is a neat city...I'd like to go back and spend more time in the downtown area. We really just did a whirlwind tour of the city, so I feel like I missed a lot of the really neat places.

      Delete
  2. Jenn! Your blog looks beautiful (always does!). We are on vacation and I am finally getting caught up on some blog reading and yours was my first. Oh how I've missed you! Hope you all are having a wonderful summer! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachelle!!! So good to hear from you! I have missed your blog so much. I hope you and your sweet family are doing well and are having a great summer as well.

      xo...

      Delete