Random Sunday thoughts....

Sunday, June 9, 2013

 photo phototaylor.jpg

"I hold my daughter in my arms and thank God for bringing her to me. 
If the standard route for creating a family had worked for me, I wouldn't have met this child.... 
I needed to know her. 
I needed to be her mother. 
I know now why all those events happened. Or didn't happen....so I could meet this little girl. 
She is, in every way, my daughter." 
 ~Nia Vardalos, Instant Mom


I read this quote recently from the book Instant Mom and wanted to share it here...her thoughts
on being an adoptive mom really resonate in my heart---and I think speak to the life lessons
I personally have gained by and through the blessing of adoption and ironically also---
how my infertility has brought so many unexpected blessings into my life---
namely, my three beautiful children.

Taylor Elizabeth turned 7 months old yesterday...I got a sweet text message from
her birthmother this morning--she loves Taylor dearly and asked us to give her a
great big hug.  I'm truly grateful that we have a healthy and loving relationship with
both Noah and Taylor's birthmothers.  What a blessing this is to us and to our children.

I've been away for the past week and half, hence the reason my little blog has
been so neglected.  We've been sightseeing the lovely East Coast.  The hubby
and I took a getaway to Maine, Boston and Virginia. The boys did not travel with us--
Noah stayed with his grandparents and baby boy (we couldn't get approval with
the court for him to go with us) so he had to stay behind with another
foster family in respite care.

But sweet Taylor made the trip with us and oh my goodness--she was such a
joy the entire trip!!  She loved getting some quality time with mommy
and daddy on our trip.


 photo taylor2.jpg

I know I'm a little partial, but boy howdy---she is the best baby ever---so easy going
and has such a tender, sweet temperament about her.  She did amazing on our plane ride and
long car rides while on the trip.  Always smiling and so happy.
Jody even said the other night (which I thought was so sweet)...
"You know---I came to Maine and I fell madly in love with our daughter." 


 photo photocollage.jpg

With his work and busy travel schedule, he rarely gets to spend much one-on-one quality
time with just Taylor.  They were able to spend lots of quality time together on our getaway 
and it was really special for me to to watch and photograph the two of them together.  
Baby girl loves her Daddy so...

I look forward to sharing more pictures in the coming days from our week and a half vacationing
on the East Coast....

Until then....

xo,
jennifer


1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys had a great getaway. I am sure Noah enjoyed his time with his grandparents as well.

    ReplyDelete