5.08.2013

6-months

 photo photo222revised.jpg

Dearest Taylor Elizabeth,

It's hard to believe you are 6 months old today.  Your Daddy and I sure wish we could make time still and keep you at this tender age for a little longer....you truly are one of the sweetest and most beautiful babies we've ever seen. We are so loving this precious age of yours.  Your smile is infectious....and the way you giggle and laugh when your brothers do something funny---oh my, it's the cutest thing ever when you start your belly laughing. I love your laugh! You really are blessed to have two brothers who love you so much. Noah loves being silly and making you laugh and he takes pride in the fact that he has a baby sister.  He, I know, will always want to protect you and help guide you through this world.  And then sweet baby boy--he rarely misses a chance to give you a hug or kiss on the cheek when he walks by you. We continue to hope and pray that all will work out with his foster to adopt placement and that we can adopt him as well someday--if so, I know you two will always be so close.  You and he are only a year apart in age and I already feel such a tender bond blossoming between you.  

 photo kids.jpg

Your Daddy and I sure are happy (and relieved) to finally reach this landmark month with your adoption.  For you see....we've been anxiously awaiting for this required 6-month waiting period to end so we could finalize your adoption. Thankfully...that time has finally arrived. Hallelujah!! 

Last week, Brother Russell (our adoption caseworker with LDS Family Services) came to our home and did his 5th (and final) home visit.  We really like Brother Russell.  He has been such a god-send for us and we feel so comfortable around him.  For this last visit, he was required to do individual interviews with me, your Daddy and Noah and then a combined family interview.  All went well and he even commented how happy we all look together.  I must say, it felt so good to know this was our final required visit.  In my own personal interview, the first question Brother Russell asked was if I had bonded with you.  I had to chuckle at first at the question and then almost immediately I had a wave of tender emotions flood over my heart.  It took me a second to compose myself before I could answer him---the tears were freely flowing and then I explained to him how from the minute I watched you take your first breath and held you in my arms---there was no question that I loved you with every fiber of my being.  You, sweet Taylor, were the precious daughter I had prayed for so earnestly for so long.  And now my sweet daughter....we can now officially go to court and finalize your adoption.  

We are all so excited to be traveling to Dallas tomorrow. Noah can't wait to get to ride on the airplane with you! Once we get there, you'll get to see your grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.  They are all so excited to be able to share in this weekend's special events with us.  On Friday, we'll have the opportunity to go as a family to the courthouse and while there the attorneys and judge will officially declare you a member of our family.  I remember when we had this same experience with your brother, Noah, on May 19, 2007...it was such a special day.  And we are now thrilled to be able to share this same experience with you!  

After we finish the legal paperwork at the courthouse on Friday, we will then have the great privilege to take you and Noah to the Dallas Temple on Saturday where we will be sealed as a family for all eternity--a sacred ordinance that is very special to all those of our faith.  My heart literally almost leaps from my chest with joy every time I think about how special this experience will be.  I am so happy that our extended family will be there with us to share in this special day with you.  They all love you so very much and are so happy that you are a part of our family.  Your birthmother and birth-grandparents will also be there.  How special it will be to have them there as well to be a part of your special day.  And then on Sunday, we will finally get to bless you at church.  Your sweet Daddy is really looking forward to being able to give you this...oh how we loves you baby girl.  I can see it in his eyes every time he looks at you, kisses you on the cheek and cuddles with you.  You are very blessed to have such a wonderful Daddy--he is a great man and has the biggest heart.  

 photo photodaddy.jpg

I must say that I can't think of a better gift to mark my 11-year wedding anniversary with your Daddy (on Friday) or for me to celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday than to be able to experience what we will as a family this weekend with you sweet baby girl.  Taylor Elizabeth...my heart overflows with love every minute I am with you.  I will forever be grateful to your birthmother and Heavenly Father for bringing us together.  And, I feel truly privileged to be able to share this sweet journey through life with you as your mother.  May you always know you are loved dearly and how special you are.

All my love,
Mommy


 photo Image.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Jennifer,
    I enjoy reading about your journey...I am so very happy for you and your family. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you should have put a Kleenex warning on this post Jennifer! So sweet. I am so happy for you all. Noah, Taylor and Baby Boy are so blessed to have you in their lives. Have a wonderful weekend. Happy Anniversary, and more importantly, Happy Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What a precious Mother's Day gift!

    ReplyDelete