11.28.2012

Thanksgiving memories

IMG_4794

We spent Thanksgiving this year with Jody's family in Austin. I was a little concerned and stressed out about making the trip so soon after bringing Taylor home, but the hubby and his family assured me they'd help me with the kids while we were there.  So after lots of discussion, we decided to head to Austin.  I knew the hubby was going to be really disappointed if we didn't go.

 It's normally a 5 hour drive, but with a our sweet newborn and a 12 month old, the drive took much longer.  We had to stop to feed the babies bottles and change poopy diapers along the way--which made the trip a bit longer, but all in all, they did really great on the drive to and from Austin.  Taylor slept the whole way other than when it was time to eat and baby boy watched some movies with Noah, which helped keep him calm during the drive.

The only rough part was the last hour on the drive home...at one point, all three of
them were crying.  Our nerves were shot by the time we pulled into the driveway.
I don't think I've ever been that happy to return home from a trip. :-)

Despite the stress of traveling with little ones, overall, we had a really nice time spending Thanksgiving with our family.  I'm glad that we made the trip after all.
My sister-in-law and mother-in-law made such a wonderful Thanksgiving meal.
We truly appreciated their hospitality.
Noah had a blast playing with his cousins...I think he wore them out!!
He loved playing their video games and jumping on the trampoline.

I had my hands full this year, so I didn't take as many pics as I usually do, but here are just a few photo memories of this year's Thanksgiving...
  IMG_4795IMG_4800 IMG_4826 IMG_4847 IMG_4848 IMG_4849 IMG_4824 photo IMG_4852 IMG_4851 IMG_4869 IMG_4786 IMG_4780 IMG_4819 IMG_4857 IMG_4867 IMG_4868 IMG_4875 IMG_4835 IMG_4804 IMG_4805 IMG_4838 IMG_4839 photo333 photo225 photo234 IMG_4814 IMG_4880 photo222
photo01

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was quite an undertaking with 3 kids so small. You should be proud of yourself. They all look adorable, and your hair looks fab! You're so pretty. Glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete