the i {heart} faces conference through my lens...

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

PicMonkey Collage2 PicMonkey Collage3 PicMonkey Collage PicMonkey Collage6 PicMonkey Collage7

With this being my first ever photography conference, I have to say the i heart faces conference was a great experience for a novice photographer like myself. I was thrilled to be able to attend with my sister-in-law, Katherine, who is a talented photographer. It was so nice to be able to sit with her over the course of the day and have her help me decipher some of the technical information about photography. And well, we just always have so much fun when we're together, so I was thrilled to get to spend the day with her. 

 I truly enjoyed meeting and visiting with so many talented photographers (and bloggers) from around the country while there. The workshops and guest speakers were so interesting...at times, I will admit, I felt a little overwhelmed, but that is to be expected since it was my first conference. Probably one of the highlights of the conference for me was meeting Kelle Hampton in person. I have enjoyed following her blog for a few years now and it was moving to be able to hear her share her story in person and explain in such a heartfelt way why photography means to much to her. 

One of the things that Kelle shared with us is that too often we get so caught up in the technicality of shooting photos --trying so hard to get the perfect shot and we tend to lose sight of why we are taking pictures.  My takeaway from her message is to remember to enjoy the journey when I'm behind the camera and to capture the everyday, special moments with my family through a lens.

Such a great conference---many thanks to all the ladies at i heart faces for putting on such a wonderful event.


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!