10.05.2012

Making pumpkin bread...

IMG_2801
Now that fall is here, I've been wanting to make some pumpkin bread. I recently found a new recipe over at Julie's Thoughts that caught my eye...Super Moist Pumpkin Bread.  She found the recipe at Pioneer Woman's Tasty Kitchen blog, and well y'all, that's all I needed to hear.  
Look no further.  
I knew it would be a great recipe...
ever recipe I've ever tried of Ree Drummond's 
is always wonderful. 
And so the other day, I rustled up all the ingredients and began my preparations.  
As soon as Noah heard me pulling out all the pans in the kitchen, he came a running. 
I was expecting this. 
 
Our little guy loves to help his mama in the kitchen...
especially when I pull out the mixer. 
 It's his favorite part of us baking together--
getting to turn the mixer on and off for me.
He also has become quite the blog assistant, too---
he reminded me when we started...
"Mommy...don't forget to take pictures."  
It looks like I have trained him well.  ;-)

 
IMG_2805
IMG_2809
IMG_2812
IMG_2816
IMG_2814
IMG_2822
IMG_2813
IMG_2825
IMG_2833
IMG_2840
IMG_2849
IMG_2852
It came as no surprise, this pumpkin bread recipe 
is now officially a hit in our house...
Since it yields 3 loaves, I took two of the loaves to the ladies 
 I visit teach at church and then we ate the third loaf. 
 Well let me clarify that...between Daddy, Noah, me and baby boy...
we devoured that third loaf. 
 It's so good, y'all. 
 

Super Moist Pumpkin Bread Recipe... 
(via Julie's Thoughts -via- Pioneer Woman-Tasty Kitchen Blog)

Ingredients:
3 cups sugar
3- 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 Tablespoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cloves 
(note: i left the cloves out---
the hubby doesn't like this flavor...at all)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 whole eggs
1 can pumpkin (15 oz.)
1 cup oil
1 cup water

Directions:
Combine wet ingredients (eggs, pumpkin, oil, water) 
to the dry ingredients all at once.
Mix well with a mixer until smooth.  
Grease 3 loaf pans and pour equal amounts of batter into each pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.  
Test it with a toothpick/knife...if it comes out clean...you're all done.
Let it cool for 5-10 minutes.
***Julie shared this great tip on 
how to keep the bread super moist and it really works....
After letting the loaves cool for 5 minutes -- 
take out each loaf and wrap them individually in foil--- 
allow to continue to cool in the foil.

Voila...the yummiest pumpkin bread.
And another great thing...
your whole house will smell like fall!!

Enjoy....
xo,
jennifer

1 comment:

  1. what a pretty space you have here. love all your pics. i haven't baked in so long. seems i always cutting carbs...which equals cutting fun:\ you make me want to cheat!!

    ReplyDelete