The Will of God

Sunday, September 30, 2012


I'm thankful today for tender reminders like this of God's plan for me ...
the knowledge that our difficulties and challenges in this life--
 as hard as they may be,
 are ultimately for our good.

Our struggles and setbacks allow us to grow spiritually
and ultimately become who and what our Father in Heaven
needs us to be to accomplish the things we were sent here to do.

I share these thoughts with the hope that someday
my dear son will read this and as he
faces his own personal set of struggles in life...

I pray that he will never doubt God's love for him.
And that when we exercise greater faith in Him
during the hard times in our lives,
and choose not to become embittered,
He will provide the healing balm to bring us peace.

I want my son to know that I have a testimony of this...
No matter what hard times may come our way,
when we have a sincere and humble heart...
 and exercise greater faith to accept God's will for us--
we can, in time, come to a realization that... 

"He is guiding us 
to a future we do not -or- cannot now envision,
 but one which He knows is better for us."

~Elder D. Todd Christofferson

If you'd like to read the full version of
Elder Christofferson's spiritual message, click here.

xo,
jennifer

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, my friend...you, too! :-)

      xo,
      jennifer

      Delete
  2. Thank you, as always, for providing words that I need to hear!!

    I'm glad you're "back" on this blog...and I LOVE the beautiful "memorable posts" section on the sidebar. Thanks again for letting me follow along on the ride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen...you'll have to email the link to your blog again. Hope you're feeling better.

      xo,
      jennifer

      Delete
  3. soooo sweet. oh my goodness. i smiled at every one of those.

    ReplyDelete