9.17.2012

Our Sunday afternoon...

IMG_2648
I was still feeling under the weather today when I woke up, so the boys and I stayed home from church. I always feel so guilty when we have to miss, but I felt so crummy with this sore throat of mine when I woke up, there was just no way I could go to church. 

So the boys and I ended up having a relaxing Sunday afternoon just hanging out together at the casa. I decided to pull out my fancy camera and put it to use---especially since I haven't been using it much here lately---and capture some of our time together today.

IMG_2654
IMG_2652
Baby boy loves his little walker...he is mov'in and grov'in around the house in it.

IMG_2638
He especially likes to sit in it and watch Noah play in the backyard.

IMG_2682
Noah was getting bored, so I let him hang out in the backyard for a while to try and run off some of his energy.  

IMG_2677
IMG_2676
He enjoys walking around the backyard with me and helping me find any new blooms we might have....it's been such a brutally hot summer, so many of our pretty flowers have just wilted away.  But I was surprised to see some new blooms this afternoon.

IMG_2662
IMG_2668
IMG_2672
IMG_2660
It's amazing how much the bird of paradise really does look like a bird!

IMG_2683
IMG_2689
This kid loves the outdoors...I sure wish we lived out in the country so he could tromp around more---living in the city makes it difficult to enjoy the outdoors...not as much to do.

IMG_2673
IMG_2676
IMG_2681
This is our favorite area to sit and talk in our backyard...Noah likes to mostly chit-chat about the weather these days and study the clouds from here.  He's all into weather these days---every day he checks the weather app on my iPhone no less than 10 times.  It's too cute. Jody calls him our in-house weatherman.  He likes it when Daddy refers to him as that. ;-)

IMG_2691
IMG_2696
IMG_2698
IMG_2701
He found some old, dingy sunglasses of his that have been laying in the backyar and he decided to wear them around for a while.

IMG_2704
IMG_2708
IMG_2709
IMG_2710
IMG_2717
My poor windows are so pitifully dirty right now...I've given up trying to keep them clean everyday....Noah likes to play in the water and then he comes up to the window to get our attention by pounding on the window with his little dirty hands.  ;-) 
IMG_2722
It was too hot to stay outside, so we came inside and Noah wanted to take some silly pics of mommy---he loves being behind the camera and taking pictures.
IMG_2723
IMG_2731
We then pulled out this wooden car set you assemble and color yourself...we found it at Wal-Mart.  We pulled everything out and after reading the directions and all the gluing involved to prep it before we paint it....we decided to wait and work on in it when Daddy came home.  I trust him more with assembling the car than I do myself. ;-)

IMG_2733
And as usual, when I headed to the kitchen to start prepping dinner, Noah wanted to tag along.  He usually claims he wants to help me out, but he always ends up playing in the sink. 

IMG_2735
I put baby boy down for a little nap while dinner was cooking in the oven and then Noah and I laid on the bed and watched an episode of Max and Ruby together....he then wanted to snap a pic of us.  This is about as good as we could do all the while trying to hold the camera out far enough to get us both in the frame....
IMG_2729

A fun day with my boys in the peacefulness of our home was just what the doctor ordered....

Have a great week!

XO,
Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic pictures! Your backyard is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We love our backyard...it's always been a great place for us to hang out. :-)

      xo,
      jennifer

      Delete
  2. What???? The boys??? Where have I been? Obviously not much blogging! Congratulations on your new addition! Kellyj2011 is my Instagram. I'd love to follow you! It's what works for me these days.

    ReplyDelete