9.28.2012

InstaFriday


photo-11 copy
In the carpool line at 7:30AM....
Noah did not want to part with this firetruck.

photo copy
Oh my, who is else is enjoying Mumford & Sons new album??!!
I've so enjoyed listening to it this week. :-)
photo-17 copy
Stocking up on this...
making pumpkin bread this weekend.

photo-15 copy
Noah started Karate this week. 
It's pretty intense.  
Wowzers!

photo-10 copy
Loving all the new fall flavors at Starbucks...
Salted Caramel hot chocolate...
Pumpkin scones. 


photo-9 copy
Lola watching the afternoon rainstorm...
we're loving all the rain we've been
getting this week.
photo-8 copy
I've been decorating for fall around the house...
it's been fun to work on the dining room.

This dining set is a new piece in our home.
It was my great-grandmother's dining set
and I have her and my grandmother's china
in the hutch.  

When you open the drawers to the hutch....
I can still smell her house.
I remember as a little girl spending the night over at her house.
I loved playing with her rose powder in her bathroom...
I would pat down with it after taking a bath.
It smelled so lovely and I felt so grown up wearing it.  ;-)
She would always make me
this amazing cheese toast for breakfast.

I vividly remember running my fingers down this dining table as a little girl...
I thought it was so pretty in her and Papa's dining room.
When I think back now, so many of my dear family members who are no
longer here sat at this very table over the years
and enjoyed my great-grandmother's good cooking.
She made the meanest batch of green beans around and
the most awesome fried pies..
...they were wonderful.
That was such a long time ago....I sure miss her.

And so, having this family heirloom in my house now
all these years later is really special.
I feel closer to her and Papa every time
I walk into this room.

photo-7 copy

My new read...really liking it.   I {heart } Mitch Album novels.

...today I'm linking up with Jeannett over at 
Life Rearranged for her InstaFriday challenge....
to capture random moments of your week via a cell phone.
Something I'm enjoying doing quite a bit these days
with 'ole Instagram. ;-) 

xo,
jennifer

life rearranged

4 comments:

  1. Is this your new blog home? I love your dining room--so pretty, and very wonderful to have such heritage in it! I'm hoping I can do some fall decorating; I've been down with mono recently and so I'm not sure if/when I'll have the energy. The hubby and kids will have to help more this year! :) And baby boy is so stinkin' cute. I'm so glad that he has this wonderful time to be blessed by your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen,
      Yes...I've returned back "home" with my blog. ;-) I think all the dust has settled with the privacy concerns we had, plus, I did something with the html at the other blog and have been all sorts of issues trying do my posts. Can't seem to figure out what the problem is, so I just decided to move it back here. Sorry for any confusion.

      I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather. Mono is no fun. Take it easy and I hope you get to feeling better soon.

      xo,
      jenn

      Delete
  2. Great pictures! What a treasure to have that set in your home. We are enjoying having Katie home for the weekend to celebrate her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Y'all have fun this weekend celebrating your daughter's bday!

      xo,
      jenn

      Delete