Home Sweet Home...

Monday, August 6, 2012


Awww....Home Sweet Home!  We've been out of town for the past
5 days.  We took our last summer trip to the Hill country and had a great time 
hanging out with all of our extended family in Wimberley celebrating Noah, 
and his cousin Ava's, 6th birthday.  

It was so, so much fun.  I already miss everyone!  

But with all the fun we had, I gotta say,
it sure feels good to be back home again. I'm looking forward to sleeping in
my own bed tonight.  Lola was meowing rather loudly at the door
when we walked in.  I think she heard our suburban pull in the garage.
She's always so happy to see us walk in the door after being out of town.
Noah immediately gave her a big bear hug like he always does
and fed her some of her favorite snacks.
She's been enjoying some cuddle time with me since we finished dinner.
In fact, she's nestled on my lap as I type this now. ;-)

Yes, it was a wonderful weekend, but we're pretty exhausted from the 5 hour drive home today.  
 I keep peeking over at all the piles of laundry and the suitcases I still need to unpack.
Ugh...it's overwhelming to look at it all. 

Isn't that the bummer part about taking family road trips....the unpacking and having
to do all the laundry afterwards??!!  Oh well...I'm going to put that on the backburner
until tomorrow.  For this evening, I'm going to enjoy a hot bubble bath, a good book
and cuddle up in my comfy bed for a much needed good night's sleep. 

I snapped this pic of Jody tonight about an hour after we got home.  He fell
asleep sorting through our mail.  Too funny! 

I look forward to sharing my pictures from this past weekend with you in a later post.

Until then....

Many blessings and happy Monday!

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful time! And, the laundry can wait...it isn't going anywhere (unfortunately).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! :-) Hope you are doing well.

      Hugs,
      jenn

      Delete