Family time at the River

Friday, August 17, 2012

IMG_2345

After Ava and Noah's birthday dinner, we took the kids over
to the river where we have a private access spot that is just down
 from our land in Wimberley.

The kids were so excited to be able to play together in the river.  
They had a blast....
all sorts of giggles, laughing and splashing!

IMG_2300
IMG_2299
IMG_2292
IMG_2305
IMG_2309
IMG_2325

IMG_2353

IMG_2357

IMG_2358

IMG_2361
IMG_2365
IMG_2377
IMG_2374
IMG_2383
IMG_2392
My brother just happened to say something really funny (and embarrassing) 
just before he snapped this picture and mom and I could not stop laughing 
as we tried to pose for the camera.

IMG_2393
IMG_2397
IMG_2399
IMG_2408
IMG_2410
IMG_2412
IMG_2418
IMG_2420
IMG_2421
IMG_2427
IMG_2432

It was a wonderful way to wrap up our fun birthday weekend.  
An opportunity for us to spend time with our loved ones. 
We are especially grateful to those family members who made the long drive 
to be there with us to celebrate Ava and Noah's birthdays.

Our weekend together was a tender reminder for me as I visited with my family of
 just how blessed we are to have each other....I hope Noah always knows and
appreciates how deeply his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins love him.

I'm grateful for the never ending, unconditional love and support
I've always been shown by my family...
particularly this last year as Jody and I have faced some very painful moments
 with our three (separate) failed adoptions.

Yes, it's moments like these where we take time out of our busy lives
to come together and bask in the love and friendship we have for each other...
we forge deeper and more meaningful bonds as a family.


"We build deep and loving family relationships by doing simple things together...
like family dinner and family home evening and by just having fun together. 
In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e, time....
We would do well to slow down a little, focus on the significant, 

lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most."

~Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Moments that Matter Most"


XO,
Jennifer

7 comments:

  1. So nice to have everybody together.... lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that line before about love being spelled t.i.m.e. That is so true. Your pictures are great. I love the peaceful feeling of a stream like that. Looks like a great day together just "being".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathleen...it was the perfect place for all of us to relax for a few hours and visit. :-)
      xo,
      jennifer

      Delete
  3. you are so neat. you probably get told that a lot but i think you are just fantastic. i am always inspired by you. and my post about praying for loved ones was about you and my sister - funny that you two are the ones who commented on it. :) i think the world of you and your sweet family. love all these pics. you are so talented. have a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachelle...you are way too kind! But, thank you so much. Your thoughts and prayers mean the world to me. I am SO grateful for the friendship we've formed via our little blogs. And, let me just say, I think you are fantastic! Your babies are so blessed to have you as their mamma. :-)

      Lv,
      jenn

      Delete
  4. What an awesome family outing. I love river days, and that your whole family has amazingly nice cameras.

    ReplyDelete