8.16.2012

Birthday celebration with family

IMG_2145
We were so blessed this summer to be able to celebrate Noah's birthday with his cousin, Ava, 
along with much of our extended family during our stay in Wimberley.
Ava and Noah are just 3 weeks apart in age and have always had a special relationship as cousins.
My sis-in-law and I thought it would be really fun for them to be able to 
have a joint birthday part this year in the Hill Country.

Here's a collection of photos from the fun birthday celebration...

IMG_2148

IMG_2152

IMG_2153

IMG_2154

IMG_2158
My sweet Daddy, enjoying the newspaper and watching the summer Olympics while 
we waited for the rest of the family to arrive for the party.

IMG_2160

IMG_2161

IMG_2163
My dear hubby saw to it that the dogs and sausages were cooked in time for the party....

IMG_2166

IMG_2168
My father-in-law, Pop, and my brother Brian hang'in with my Dad while we were setting 
the food table up before dinner.

IMG_2171
After coordinating with Katherine, I had ordered the cake and cupcakes in advance
from our favorite bakery inWimberley....the Sugar Shack.  
Ava and Noah decided they wanted super-heros for the theme of their cake.  
Too cute!

Both the cake and the cupcakes were vanilla flavored and accented with Sugar Shack's 
well known homemade vanilla bean icing.  Oh my!  That icing is to die for, folks!

And yes, as usual, I TOTALLY blew my diet on the cupcakes. ;-(

IMG_2182

IMG_2178

IMG_2181

IMG_2208
My parents brought their blow up, water bounce house for the kids to play in outside....
so when it was finally time for the kiddos to come inside and blow out their birthday candles,
they were a little wet and messy from the water slide.  

IMG_2213
Their were super excited to blow out the candles and eat some of their birthday cake.
IMG_2217

IMG_2218

IMG_2221

IMG_2222

IMG_2227
Ava insisted that as we cut her piece, she get the cut out of her super hero.

IMG_2228
Sweet Lola....

IMG_2231
And, of course, monkey see...monkey do...when Noah heard that Ava wanted to 
eat her super hero, he had to have his slice with is super hero. :-)

IMG_2234
Jake and Will enjoying their slices of cake out on the back porch...
this is pretty much where the older cousins hung out
most of the party. 

IMG_2236
Tucker and Noah joking around together

IMG_2240

IMG_2242

IMG_2245
My sis-in-law, Katherine.....we always have to get a shot of each 
other when we're together...we're dorky like that. :-)

IMG_2241

IMG_2251

IMG_2256
My bro...Brian, chill'in on the back porch enjoying the view

IMG_2259

IMG_2269
The kids had fun tearing into their presents...

IMG_2275

IMG_2278

IMG_2281
Dad with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law....Dad is getting pretty good with 
using his iPhone these days.  We're all so proud of him! :-)

IMG_2283

IMG_2289

IMG_2287

IMG_2197
My youngest nephew, baby Otto....the sweetest baby ever!

IMG_2200

IMG_2169
My brother-in-law, Matt and my Dad always enjoy talking golf 
when they get together.

IMG_2205

IMG_2191
...my sweet nephew, Tucker....he loves the outdoors, so he enjoyed walking around 
and looking at the river while there.


It was such a fun birthday party.
We all enjoyed getting to hang out together and catch up
as we celebrated Ava and Noah's birthdays.
After our dinner,  and then enjoying some yummy birthday cake and cupcakes...we let the kids 
open their gifts and then all headed over to the river to 
relax and let the kids play.  

But, since I have inundated you with all these photos from the party :-) , 
I'll wait and share the rest of my photos from our time at the river in my next post.

Until then...

XO,
Jennifer

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm stopping over from Suzette's blog. We are in Texas too, and I just love your sweet blog. We have one 4 year old boy, and we LOVE cupcakes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you stopped by, Nicolle! It's always fun to meet a fellow Texan. :-) Glad to hear you guys have a love for cupcakes like we do.

      xo,
      jennifer

      Delete
  2. What a fun birtday and to be able to share it with your cousin..even more fun!
    I love your top..so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you had so many family members there!!! And that Lola...she is Brian made over! Too cute!
    Luanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Luanne...we had a great time and yes, Lola is definitely a mini-me of Brian. :-)

      Delete