The last day of school party with some wet n' wild 5 year olds!

Wednesday, June 6, 2012



Noah's teachers in his 4K class this year were truly awesome.  He had a wonderful year!  It's hard to believe how fast these past nine months have flown by since he first started with his little classmates.  But I must say, his teachers were so amazingly brave last week to take on the task of hosting this end of the year school party with two combined classes of 5 year olds each of which were hoisting their own water gun....yikes!!

The week prior to the last day of school, we received a letter requesting that all the kids come dressed in their swimsuits, comfortable shoes (that they could get wet, of course), a reminder to come wearing sunscreen and to not forget their beach towel.  I knew the kids would have a blast playing in the water, but I didn't know how the teachers would fair.  Some of us mothers came up for a portion of the party that last day and to watch and take pictures.  The teachers were so sweet to put this fun outdoor party together and to let the kids spend the morning running and playing around in the water together.  And surprisingly---they were so patient with the kiddos despite getting squirted with their guns more than once.  :-)

I tried to take as many pictures as I could while I was there, but  I was super nervous about having my new camera around all the water.  I had a few close calls when my son and a few other kids tried to ambush me with their water guns and almost drenched me and my new Canon (geeze!).  After a while, I decided it best to put my "baby" back in its camera bag and play it safe for the rest of the party.  But before having to do this, I was able to take a few pictures of all the fun that was taking place at the party. 

Someone...(ahem)... had this intense look on his face through most of the water gun battle....I was cracking up!

 After the festivities outside, all the children came inside to dry off and then to eat lunch and snack on snow cones.  They were all so cute as they chit-chatted about it being their last day of school and then I almost started crying as I watched Noah go around and give each one of his classmates a hug...one by one to tell them good-bye.  I thought it was the sweetest little gesture and even moreso because I didn't even have to ask him to do it.  He truly loves each of his little classmates and I know he is going to miss them.


But most of all, I think he is going to miss this sweet lady...Mrs. Myatt---she and I have gotten to know each other much better the past few months as I have volunteered at his school and I have such respect for this dear lady. She is truly one of those special teachers that puts her heart and soul into her classroom.    I have been humbled on more than one occasion at how she went above and beyond to help our son.  One of the many benefits of having Noah attend a private, parochial school at this tender age is that he has the opportunity to also learn at school about Bible lessons and more about Jesus Christ's life and his teachings.  We're sad to say good-bye to 4K...but also, at the same time...excited and looking forward to starting kindergarten in the fall.  

And until then...we're really looking forward to our fun summer!!!

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. What fun! We used to have year end picnics complete with water fun when I taught preschool. And yes, we the teachers were fair game! LOL His teacher looks like such a dear lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was fun!..I remember when I taught 2nd and 3rd grade and we had such fun at our end of the year school parties with our kiddos. :-) And yes, his teacher is such a sweetheart. We'll miss her next year.

    ReplyDelete