5.03.2012

Our visit with KiKi....


Saturday morning, I woke up feeling so relieved knowing the fundraising event was behind me and I was looking forward to spending some time with my mom since she had flown down for a visit and to help me out with Noah while I worked on the fundraiser.  Jody had to meet with an attorney from Houston that day so I asked Noah's favorite babysitter, Ann Marie, to come over around 11am so Mom and I could have a girl's day out.  Noah always loves when he gets to hang out with Miss Ann Marie...I think he has a little bit of a crush on her.  ;-)

Mom and I first headed over to Old Navy--she wanted to try and find a blouse that I had bought there earlier in the week that she really liked.  They were sold out of the blouses unfortunately, but we did end up buying outfits for all my nieces and nephews....KiKi loves to buy clothes for her grand babies.  

After Old Navy, we headed over to this great little cafe in town called Renee's--it has a great lunch menu but it also has this snazzy boutique and home decor gift shop.  I knew mom would probably enjoy it.  
When we arrived, our first order of business was to eat---we were starving.  Mom ordered the chicken salad sandwich and I had the chicken caesar salad---both were so yummy...


After filling our tummies with the yummy meal and great lemonade, we headed over to the boutiques....I always love looking around at their beautiful things.




After we left Renee's, we headed over to a local jewelry store---I had to get an extra link put in my new watch that my hubby gave me as an early anniversary gift (YAY!) and then we stopped in at Toys R'Us so KiKi could buy Noah a new helicopter and a few bubbles.  We had a great afternoon of shopping and hanging out together.  It made me miss living closer to my mom and us being able to do this more often together.  Afterwards, we headed back home and Jody was just getting home as well.  I started working on making dinner while Noah and mom headed outside to play with his new bubbles that she bought him.

While I had dinner cooking, I stepped outside and snapped a few pictures of the two of them together as well as some of the beautiful spring blooms we have in our backyard right now....










 
They were having fun practicing writing letters with water on the table...KiKi is such a natural teacher---she's so good with all her grandchildren.  Noah LOVES getting to spend time with his grandmother!














Little Miss Lola....she was giving us the biggest sad eyes the whole time we were outside through the door---she so wanted to come outside and join in on the fun. ;-(

We had a wonderful visit with my mom and I must admit, I was really sad when she had to fly back home Monday morning.  It's always so hard to say good-bye.  I was in a bit of a funk the rest of the day after she left.  When I got back to the house, I could smell her perfume.  ;-( I'm super grateful that she was able to make this trip down---I hated that I was tied up the first 2 days with my fundraiser, but we sure had fun the other 2 days together and Noah was one happy little fella getting to hang out with "his" KiKi.  

When Noah came home from school and walked into his bedroom to grab his toys, he found this precious note thats she left for him on his bed....I thought it was the sweetest thing.  


We love you KiKi....and so enjoyed your visit.  Looking forward to seeing you and Pop this summer when we come to your house to visit.  

XOXO,
Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. That note put tears in my eyes. The love of a grandmother is like no other....so very special. Glad you had a nice visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a very special and fun time! I have something else fun for you...over on my blog!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete