A lunch date with family.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012


While in Dallas for the Memorial Day weekend, Jody, Noah and I had a fun lunch date with my parents,  sister-in-law Katherine and our nieces and nephew.  We ate at one of our favorite restaurants, the Cheesecake Factory...I had my usual--the Santa Fe salad--it's so yummy!  Jody and I also tried for the first time while there, the sweet corn tamale cakes---wowzers---they were so good.   I think I can say (without hesitation) that I will be ordering those next time instead of my usual salad.  ;-)

Ava and Noah when they first saw each other---can you tell they were happy to see each other??

KiKi and Noah...

 Lola, Ava and Noah sharing their bowl of pasta together.  I love Lola's pouty face in this picture.


After lunch, we headed over to the park nearby to let the kids play together.  It was really hot, so we didn't stay too long, but long enough to let them run some of their energy out and have some fun together.


 Katherine helped me work out some kinks with my new Canon 7D while we were there... she's our "in-house" professional photographer in the family.  ;-)


Ava London... she and Noah are only 3 weeks apart in age---so they are tight. 


My pretty momma...

Otto...he's growing up so darn fast. ;-(



Mom and Dad always love watching their grandkids play together...








Lola...she's becoming quite the gymnast




 

 The longer we were there, the hotter it was getting....so the kids decided to cool off and play in the water.




We finally had to say our goodbyes to Katherine and the kids for the day.  The girls had a birthday party to go to and we were headed back to our hotel.  We looked forward to seeing them again at my Uncle Bill's annual Memorial Day party the next day....(more pics from that event to follow in a later post). 

On the drive back to our hotel, to cool off from the heat, we stopped in at a nearby burger joint to grab a milkshake.   



Little man loved his ice cream treat...and momma and daddy were enjoying the cool A/C more than anything. ;-)




We had a great time hanging out with our family on our Saturday afternoon.  It's always so much fun watching Noah giggle, laugh and play non-stop with his grandparents and cousins. It makes my heart melt to see him genuinely happy to be with his family.  He loves his cousins and grandparents so, so, so much...he is always talking about them.  He often asks about them during the course of our day together and never forgets to include them in his morning and evening prayers.  That always brings a tear to my eye to hear him pray for his dear, little cousins ... to name each one of their names so sweetly in his nightly prayers.  So, so precious.    

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Great pictures of the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheesecake Factory is a favorite in our home!
    Looks like a fun day at the park as well.

    ReplyDelete