Date night and a bug attack!!

Sunday, May 27, 2012


So I have to tell you about our fun {and quite hilarious} date night we had last night with my brother, Brian and sister-in-law, Katherine.  They live in Dallas, so since we are in town visiting this weekend, we met them at the Studio Movie Grill to see Men in Black 3.  The movie by the way was so entertaining--it is probably my favorite out of all the MIB movies.  Especially the very ending....oh my!  I won't say anything else because I'd hate to spoil it for those who haven't seen it.  Let's just say...you definitely don't want to take a bathroom break the last 10 minutes of the movie.  ;-)  

My brother, Brian (dentist by day and well-known Dallas DJ by night) and I ...


But anyways....afterwards, we stood outside for a while visiting-- talking--chit-chatting.  And this is when the hilarious part happened....while standing there, my brother Brian is in mid-sentence talking and all of a sudden this large bug comes flying in (it was as if it happened in slow motion) and it nailed him on the side of his cheek and just latched on.  And that's when all {you know what} broke loose....


Brian screams....and starts slapping at the bug on his face.  His glasses hit the ground....and the look of horror on his face was priceless...

I scream and start running...

As I'm running, I see out of the corner of my eye Brian sprint past me screaming and arms flailing....

Katherine and Jody are belly laughing behind us as this whole scene plays out...

I ended up about 100 feet from the original bug attack scene...

Brian was about 200 feet from the original bug attack scene...

Jody and Katherine were laughing so hard (in fact Jody said this morning his stomach is sore from the laughter that lasted more than 10 minutes afterwards)....Katherine regained her composure and snapped some pretty hilarious pics of us all as we all belly laughed afterwards.

Yes....most definitely....this will go down in the books as a memorable date night for us.  We will forever give Brian a hard time about his bug attack!  It reminds us of the Austin incident in 2003 when we had a date night with Brian and Katherine and almost ran off a cliff in the Hill Country and Brian did a girl scream from the backseat....where we all turned and asked, "What was that?!!!"


{my rather scary looking belly laugh...}

Words can't fully describe the humor of this whole scene....it's one of those "you had to be there" moments!

Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Too funny! Hubby and I went to see a movie once, Will Smith starred in it I think with his son. In the movie was this scene with a vicious dog/animal that jumped out at them. After the movie, we were walking to our car...a young couple in front of us, when all of a sudden a dog launched itself into the back window of a parked car and was barking violently, the young couple freaked out (having just seen the vicious dog scene in the movie). All in the parking lot got quiet and then EVERYONE busted out laughing!!! The timing could not have been more perfect! We still laugh about it til this day!! We have a new Studio Movie Grill here, but haven't tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I was reading and laughing out loud....Logan just came out of his room asking what I was laughing at!! That is too funny! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete