5.13.2012

Because...



"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."

~Henry Ward Beecher

Because I was born of goodly parents, I was taught from a very young age about the importance of family.

Because God blessed me with a loving, caring and attentive mother, I learned how a mother's love can shape a child's tender spirit from infancy and essentially mold their hearts for a lifetime.  How thankful I am today {and everyday} for my dear mother.  I love her so and will forever be grateful for her unconditional love and support of me. 

Because my father has always honored, respected and cherished my dear mother....by his example, I learned a great life lesson.....who you decide to marry is the most important decision you'll ever make in your life.  I learned by my father's great example and how he loved my mother about the kind of husband and father I hoped to marry someday.  And, I feel very fortunate today to say I found that eternal companion...my dear husband, Jody.

Because a loving birthmother made the choice five years ago to put her beautiful baby's needs above her own wants and desires-- I am a mother today and celebrating this Mother's Day with a humble and grateful heart.  I can't think of a more glorious gift for one woman to give to another....the gift of motherhood. It's really difficult to put into words the deep love and gratitude I feel in my heart for our son's birthmother.

Because my husband values motherhood, I am blessed to have the opportunity to spend this stage of my life as a full-time wife and mother--spending my days with my son while he is young---giving of my time, talents, energy and attention to the two men who matter most to me in this world.

Because I am able to celebrate Mother's Day as Noah's mother -- a holiday you see just a few years ago I once thought I might never be able to enjoy....I can see more fully how the Lord's hand has been in my life guiding me to this point.  

Because of all these blessings I see and feel in my life this Mother's Day....my heart is very full.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all the dear women out there reading this... whether you are a mom to small children, or your children are now grown and have moved away, an adoptive mom, a grandmother, an aunt, a godmother, a birthmother, a foster mom, a teacher---we are all mothers in our own right and have been afforded as women the great blessing and honor to make a difference in the lives of children.

What a glorious gift we have been entrusted with from above and something I hope to never take for granted.

XOXO,
Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. So many wonderful thoughts here and written so beautifully. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete