Love this mom's tender story...

Friday, March 9, 2012

 {i hate when it does that, if video doesn't load for ya, click here}

Stumbled onto this sweet momma's video and had to share it.  I think she is just absolutely precious and must be so much fun to be around...and well, I've just always loved Australians!  I don't know why...maybe it's the accent or their care-free personalities. 

I can really relate to Sarah's journey of once being a working mom and then transitioning from that to a full-time stay at home mom.  When she tears up talking about her daughter calling her while she was at work and telling her she missed her.  And how this changed everything....she then decided to give up the career and focus on being the best wife and mother she could be.  It reminded me so much of what I experienced last year when I returned to my career for a period of time and saw what a toll it took on Jody and Noah.  I just couldn't bear it.  As much as I enjoyed my work, I love my family so much more. I get much more fulfillment out of giving my time and energy to them than my career.

It's nice to see so many wonderful mothers out there like Sarah (and so many of you!) who truly love, cherish and embrace motherhood.  It's definitely not an easy job, but as we all know--- so, so worth it. 

Have a great weekend!

Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    I just came across your blog and I just wanted to thank you for this post. I feel exactly the same. My husband and I have been experiencing infertility for 6 years now and we're still fighting it. We don't have the blessing of having children. Because of that, I feel I don't have the choice, I have to go to work. I'm a registered nurse working on a very busy ER floor in France. A few weeks ago I had this strong feeling that my place was at home, taking care of my husband, taking care of my children (if they decide to come down someday!), taking care of the house...When I come back from work I feel empty. I give so much to soooo many people that when I get home I don't have anything left for my husband. Anyway, I'm a career woman, but not by choice...And my deepest dream is to become a stay at home mom.
    Anyway, thank you for your beautiful blog...you are truly a noble woman as Sheri Dew says!
    Christel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christel...when I first read your comment, my first thought was--gosh darn it...if I were in France and close to her, I would run over to where she works and give her the biggest hug!! ;-) You are so kind and thoughtful. My heart was so full as I read about your situation....I have felt those same feelings before and know all too well what you are going through...with the infertility, the career dilemna, the feeling stretched so thin and not feeling as if you have much left for your husband when you get home---oh my goodness, sweetie---I fully understand all those feelings. I am sure that Heavenly Father is mindful of you and your husband---I am sure he has a special spirit waiting for you...the real challenge is waiting and having the patience and faith in His timing. Your desire to be a stay at home mom is a virtuous and beautiful desire and one that I am sure will come to you someday soon. Keep a prayer in your heart and have faith my friend. I will keep you in my prayers as well. So, so sincerely happy you stumbled onto my little blog and I'm equally excited to have found yours now....while I don't understand the french language, I can still follow yours and enjoy all the beautiful photographs!

    blessings and love to you!
    jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer! Thank you so so much for your answer!! I'm so sorry it took me so long to get back to you, we are curently on vacation in Toulouse (south of France) at my parent's and I don't take the time to check my emails everyday!
    You know what? It feels so good to know that I'm not alone! Your words of confort are so precious to my heart!
    We've been going through infertility for 6 years now but somewhere I feel deep inside my heart that Heavenly Father has something special for us. We will transfer 2 frozen embryos next month so we'll see!
    How was your trip? Did you take the time to slow down and enjoy just being the two of you?
    I'm starting a new blog in english. We have many friends around the world (being lds helps!!) who don't understand french so I think (even though my english is kind of broken) that could be a coud idea! I'll give you the adress once I'm done building it!
    Anyway, have a great day (or night) and take care of you!!
    Love
    Christel
    PS: Thanks for the hug...it was needed! =)

    ReplyDelete