3.22.2012

Last day of the getaway...

On our last day, we stopped in at the local cupcake shop and took a look around....but we decided to not buy any--watching our calorie intake a little closer by the end of the trip....


 And then we took a look around at this little chocolate shop....everything looked so yummy---but we decided yet again not to partake....even though I really wanted a few pieces, I was saving my calories for our fancy dinner later that night.  ;-)





We looked at more gorgeous turquoise jewelry...it's EVERYWHERE in this town.  Oh how I LOVE turquoise jewelry.  There's no question---if you're a fan, Santa Fe is the place to go to find all sorts of beautiful pieces.   


 We really loved this particular pottery shop....there were so many amazing, intricate pieces.  


 Some of the views as we drove around outside the city of Santa Fe...


For dinner, we had reservations at this restaurant -- and oh my goodness, what a wonderful meal it was.  








You see now why I didn't indulge in the cupcakes or chocolates earlier in our day....I knew this meal was going to be a big one... with lots of courses.  Wowzers!  There still wasn't enough room in our tummies for all of this food even after not eating much earlier in the day...but man, it was oh-so-tasty!  

If you are ever in Santa Fe and you're in the mood for an up-scale dining experience, I would HIGHLY recommend trying out Coyote Cafe....they won't disappoint.  It's really wonderful.

A fabulous date night and a great way to end our fun getaway....and that's a wrap!  ;-)


Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Was it me or did that one picture look like an EAR?? What did you guys eat? (the other pictures looked yummy lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;-) Well... still not yummy being a mushroom either. Not for me at least. Sure do miss you guys! Can't believe how big Noah is! Cohen will be one on May 8th. Time sure flies!

      Delete