2.16.2012

Valentine party with 5 year olds....


It's felt like a whirlwind week--hence my absence with my blog posts. We flew out of town last Thursday and then flew back early Sunday morning because my hubby had to make it back in time to speak at church. It was a quick trip that Jody needed to make for work, but we were also able to squeeze in a few visits with some of our family members which was really nice. By Sunday night, I was completely pooped out and the week was just beginning.  Not the way I like to start my week.... tired. :-(

I spent most of Monday at volunteer meetings for Noah's school and then rushing around getting things ready for his school Valentine's party.   Tuesday morning I was finishing up his goodie bags to give to his classmates and then made one last trip to the grocery store to get some treats that I had signed up to bring to the Valentine's party.  And then with little time to spare, I raced to the school and made it just in time for the party.  As always,  little man was beaming when he saw mama walk in the door to his classroom.  That always makes me happy.  :-)

I had hoped to post these pics from Noah's Valentine's party sooner, but I woke up with an awful migraine headache yesterday and couldn't even think about staring at a computer screen. Ugh!!  I spent most of the day yesterday in bed-- terribly nauseated and with the worst throbbing pain down the left side of my head.  For me, when I get one, I experience the sensitivity to loud noises, light, and am usually very nauseated--just no fun at all.  I was curled up most of the day under the covers in the fetal position just completely miserable.  For whatever reason, the past several weeks, these headaches have come back with a vengeance.  I've been getting them more and more which is the craziest thing. I usually get just one really bad one a month but they've been coming once or twice a week here lately.  I eliminated Dr. Peppers and all other caffeine from my diet after the New Year, hopeful that this would help eliminate my headaches, but it doesn't seem to have helped much.  The only other thing I can think of that could be triggering them is sugar.  It looks like sugar is going to be next to go to the chopping block on my diet.  I went to see my doctor again last week and she put me back on a preventative migraine medication again, and yet even with that, I'm still having some breakthrough headaches.  So, so frustrating.

Oh well...I know it could be much worse, so I shouldn't complain. I'm so grateful for my dear hubby who always takes such good care of me when I get these darn headaches.  He's such a trooper and a sweetheart about it.  And, I'm especially grateful for the sweet prayer Noah said for me yesterday on the way to school.  Jody told me all about it after he dropped Noah off.  He said Noah was very worried that Mommy's head hurt and said, "Daddy, we need to say a prayer for Mommy."  And then Jody explained how he proceeded to bow his head, fold his arms and said a pray out loud to Heavenly Father and asked him to make Mommy's head better.  So sweet...oh my goodness.  How thankful I am to know that my little son knows at this young of an age where to turn when he needs help from above.  It feels good as a parent to see  your child put into practice some of the things you work so hard to teach them---particularly when it comes to spiritual things such as praying, having faith, being honest and being kind to others.  :-) What a tender mercy this was for us as parents to see him take it upon himself to initiate this prayer with his Father in Heaven and ask for help for his mommy.  I hope he continues to develop a deeper testimony in the power of prayer for I know if he does, this will bless his life in so many ways as he grows into adulthood.

Anyways... I thought I'd share some pictures from Noah's party while I can actually stand to stare at a computer screen for more than 5 minutes without my  head throbbing.  The kids had a wonderful time (and we moms did, too!). I must say that I've really enjoyed spending more time at his school this year as a parent volunteer and seeing him interact with his teachers and friends. Our little fella has such a joyous and loving spirit and never shies away from sharing it with those around him. How thankful I am for this quality about him. :-)



Noah's teacher did these portraits of the kids...I was able to pick out our little guy's immediately.  So precious....

One of the moms made cake pops and they were quite the hit at the party...the kids went crazy for them.  Noah LOVES to eat cake pops.  I stopped counting after he ate his 3rd one.




Can you tell here that the sugar has started to kick in...???


Now those are some pretty impressive dance moves my son was sporting back there for the ladies....

The kids played a few games with chopsticks...





Ate lots of ice cream...

Musical chairs...


More singing and dancing...







I so enjoyed getting to spend time with my little valentine at his party this week.

XOXO,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment