1.10.2012

Just another ordinary January day... {Ten on Ten}



Began my day bright and early -- 6:30 AM...my boys (big and small) were still snoozing and I had some quiet time to meditate and re-read this amazing article.  So, so uplifting and inspiring for the New Year!  :-)  One of my favorite lines from it is this....
"Have the determination to make the effort, the single-mindedness to work toward a worthy goal, and the courage not only to face the challenges that inevitably come but also to make a second effort, should such be required...sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says...'I'll try again tomorrow.' "

After dropping my little guy off at school, I headed over to buy my liquid breakfast...Pineapple Surf smoothie (w/o the Turbinado a/k/a sugar of course) you SO ROCK!! 

 300 calories of filling, tasty fruits and honey...cha-ching!!

Tried my new perfume today for the first time....not really a huge Justin Bieber music fan, but I gotta say, I'm likin' his new fragrance.

While working on the computer, DVR'd one of my favorites...The Notebook.  My favorite line from the movie....

“I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough..”
― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

Working on a class yearbook page ... I'm serving as a parent volunteer at Noah's school this year on the yearbook committee and as the co-chair for the school's annual fundraiser--whew-wee!!!  I really had no idea what I was getting myself into.  I do enjoy though getting to peek in on my little man during his school day...so that is a plus. 


Lov'in our new juicer... I'm getting ready to try one of those 10-day juicer detox/cleansers...Geeze--really not looking forward to it.  Hope it leaves me feeling "rejuvenated" like everyone claims it will.  :-(

Enjoying (and grateful for) the beautiful weather today...

Love, love, love all the January blooms we have in South Texas....

Time to leave to pick up little man from school....

Waiting in the carpool line this afternoon.  While waiting, I pulled out my current read but then got sidetracked (and as usual, sucked in) after looking at Pinterest on my phone. ;-)


Noah's afternoon snack.  

And, actually I have one more pic from my day, today...an 11th for this ten on ten post...the tunes I had playing most of the day---

I've had this CD playing in my car (and around the house) for a week straight now...uh-yep, I'm a huge fan. ;-)  Jody and I have seen them live in concert twice now and they just rock!


Linking up here today...

ten on ten button



XOXO,

Jennifer

11 comments:

  1. Love Lady Antebellum and The Notebook, doesn't Ryan Gosling remind you of the singer of Lady A? I've seen them in concert too, they are amazing :)
    Looks like you had a busy day today, love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you are a Texas girl, too! Yes...yearbooks can take over your life!!! Hope your project is a success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fun pictures! thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so much fun - love the Justin fragrance!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog! Looks like you had a fun day. i'm a big fan of The Notebook too!

    New follower, stopping by from 10 on 10.


    xoxocaress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! I wish we had a smoothie king! I'd love to hear more about your juicer and the ten day detox. I have never done a detox...but I am feeling the need to be rejunvenated! I am still feeling blah from all the over eating I did over the holidays. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looked like a fun day...love the flowers! And, now I want a smoothie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set! His snack looked yummy! Best wishes on your detox, I'm contemplating doing one myself, but not sure I have it in me to not eat bread for 10 days :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Smoothie sounds wonderful! Great set for Ten on Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Great to see how you spend your day.

    ReplyDelete