12.12.2011

Three generations.

To the grandkids, my father-in-law is fondly known and referred to as Pop.  Noah loves spending time with his grandad. When together, these two will almost always drive Pop's tractor around the land, go fishing on the pier, take walks around the lake together and build fires in Pop's fire pit.  It's seriously like kiddie (grandkid) heaven where my in-law's live.  All of the grandkids enjoy coming to visit and stay with Pop and Janet--they spend hours on end tromping around their land and fishing at the lake.

One day while we were there, as we all sat outside on my in-law's deck-- we enjoyed their beautiful view overlooking their lake, and just catching up with each other on what's all going on in each of our lives.  I'm so glad I had my camera with me this particular day because I was able to get some precious photographs of Noah with his Daddy and grandad.


Noah enjoyed feeding Duke (their beautiful and silly white lab) McDonald's french fries.  He loves hugging and playing with Duke when we visit Pop and Janet's house.





The winding country road which leads to my in-law's home...I love this view.  Jody and I used to live just down that road, around the bend earlier in our marriage.  I can remember always enjoying my drive down this road when I would come and go from our house....I always admired all the beautiful trees.


After our little man finished feeding and playing with Duke, he sat down with us adults on the deck and began telling his grandparents all kinds of stories about flying on an airplane and getting to meet the pilot.




And let me just say, our son is quite the animated storyteller...the apple doesn't fall far from the tree--his Daddy is the same way. :-)
He loves these visits with his grandparents...I just wish we lived a little closer where he could do this more often.


During this visit, he kept asking Pop if he would build a fire for him....after some coaxing and sweet talking, Pop gave in and helped him get one going.


He was in heaven....


I especially loved capturing these precious moments with Daddy and son...





And with Pop...



I was thinking as I looked at this picture, how very blessed Noah is to have such strong and faithful men in his life (his Daddy and both of his grandfathers, and uncles) all men who love him dearly and are fully committed to teaching him all they can about what it means to be a great man, father, son, and more importantly, servant of the Lord.


Three generations....a beautiful and sacred family bond that I pray our son will forever cherish.

"There is no other relationship quite like that which can and should exist between a boy and his dad. It can be one of the most nurturing, joyful relationships in life, one that can have a profound impact on who boys become and also on who dads become."





Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful picture book of this day. Lovely words too. Everyone needs a Pop in their lives. My girls had a Papa.
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. The view is stunning and the relationships you describe are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jennifer! this is beautiful. noah's vibrant eyes and expressions are delightful. and i love the pics of him and his dad. hooray for sweet dads and grands! xoxo

    p.s. love LOVE your header. always:)

    ReplyDelete