11.20.2011

Sunday thoughts....A Thankful heart.


(lake view from my in-law's home)

"The unthankful heart... discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!"
~Henry Ward Beecher

The past few days we have enjoyed spending quality time with family in our hometown...an early Thanksgiving celebration of sorts.  As I sat outside today watching Noah giggle, run and play with his cousins, I quietly took in the beauty of my surroundings. The tranquility of a calm lake, the beautiful array of fall leaves in all their rich hues of yellow, orange, and red...squirrels and birds chirping and scampering about around me and a cool breeze blowing through my hair...it felt heavenly.  I always seem to feel closer to God and the Savior when I am in the midst of nature.

My heart seemed to swell with gratitude today for the beauty of nature  coupled with being surrounded by my loved ones.  I was reflecting on how truly blessed I am to be a part of such a wonderful family.  I am so happy that Jody and I decided to make this trip and spend this Thanksgiving with our extended families---to take time away from the hustle and bustle of life for a few days and focus on what matters most to us. 

This Thanksgiving season, I hope we each take time to step back and take note of all the heavenly blessings that abound in our lives.  


XOXO...
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment