10.10.2011

Weekend recap....

I know I've said this a million times, but I love this time of year.  I especially love our weekends in the fall.  The ever exciting, nail biting football games that are played on Saturday afternoons, the cooler temperatures blowing in and there just seems to be an overall feeling of coziness that abounds in our home. Hot chocolate becomes a regular drink for all three of us and I am more motivated than ever to be in the kitchen--cooking and baking.  My Scentsy warmers are turned on in every room in the house and the pumpkin roll scent bars are melting away in each spreading such a lovely Autumn fragrance throughout my home. Pure loveliness...

This weekend was definitely one of those relaxing, fall weekends for us. I finally put out some seasonal decorations on the front porch. Noah had fun helping me with this while the hubby watched the Texas vs. Oklahoma football game. We still have more to do with our decorating, but at least it's a start.
On Friday night, we had a date night.  Noah's favorite babysitter came over and spent the evening with him while we were out on the town.  We think he has a little crush on Ms. Ann Marie--she said he told her while we were gone that he would protect her--oh my! ;-)

For dinner, we had reservations at this steakhouse.  It was our first time to eat there and we were super impressed.  The food is to die for and overall, a class act dining experience.  Probably one of the tastiest steaks I've ever eaten.

After dinner, we headed to the movies to see this flick.  Big disappointment...I mean Big!  Boo!!! Jody and I both agree we wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone.  In fact, as soon as it was over and as the credits began to roll over the screen, someone in the audience yelled out rather loudly,  "Worst movie ever!".  I can't say I blame them.  I just nodded my head in agreement.  Afterwards, we drove thru Starbucks and snagged us some yummy hot chocolate and then headed on home.  Such a fun date night despite the fact that our movie ended up being a a total flop.

On Saturday...the guys played around in the backyard before college football started while I baked.


 We baked together...
 Watched Wonder Pets in between some football games...

 Played and horsed around with the camera...

 I made (what surprisingly turned out to be) a delicious meal on Sunday using the 'ole crockpot.  Main course:  Meatloaf with seasoned potatoes and croissants.  Dessert...homemade blondie chocolate chunk brownies.  Jody thought it was really yummy.

 Our copper plants in our backyard are so beautiful this time of the year.

 Overcast skies...

 Little Man had his "stuff" sprawled out all over the den floor most of the weekend.


Pumpkin roll bar melting in my new Scentsy warmer...

 Creamy Pumpkin candle burning away in the kitchen. I don't light candles that often in the house for this very reason....a certain little boy has zero fear and is way too curious.

Makes me way too nervous.

I spent some time on YouTube trying to teach myself how to knit a scarf using a loom--I think I finally have it figured out. ;-)  I think...

And then we watched this heart-wrenching movie.  A friend of ours from church let us borrow their DVD.  I have mixed feelings about it--I thought some of the acting was a little over the top.  It definitely portrays in a very vivid way the hardships that so many of the early pioneers experienced as they traveled west in the 1800's.  It was such a grueling experience for each and every one of them...one that required unbelievable faith.


Another great fall weekend with my family...wouldn't trade these moments for anything.

What about you...how was your weekend? 

XOXO...

Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. love all the pretty photos!!
    what a fun weekend, the water play looks perfect;)

    and i have a candle/flame admirer, too;)

    ReplyDelete