Relaxing weekend at home...

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

IMG_8885

Just some really random thoughts and glimpses from our weekend.

It was such a nice one...the weather was beautiful and we even got some much needed rain on Saturday.  We kicked off our weekend with a little craft that Noah and I worked on together--I'll post more about that later.  Noah absolutely loves doing stuff like this.  We haven't done one in a while.  I was reminded while doing this with him, I really need to commit to doing hands on crafty stuff with him more often--he just loves it.  ;-)

If you know of any great idea websites for kid crafts, please do share in the comment section.  I'm always looking for new ones to check out. One of my favorites is The Artful Parent.

057ff196407141f69d2b552d23db8cba_7

We watched the LDS General conference on t.v. Saturday and Sunday--of course, while doing so, we had to have our iPhones and iPads nearby to keep us entertained, as well.  Noah loves to play games on mommy and daddy's iPhones.

We also watched some of the (very disappointing) Texas Aggie football game on Saturday--boo-boo-boo!!! That was so depressing watching our guys lose the game at the last minute.  That's the second week in a row this has happened.  Come on Aggies...you've really got to work on your endurance!!

cb2bc6d82efb439aba8714f84411d903_7
Little Man enjoying one of his foot massages--he loves for one of us to rub his foot when we sit on the couch together..is he spoiled rotten or what!!??


IMG_8988
My trusty journal wasn't too far away from me this weekend as I listened to the spiritual messages from the general conference.  Do you keep a journal?  If not, you really should start.  It has always been something that has soothed my mind and soul--to record random thoughts, feelings and experiences I have down on paper.  It's also so interesting for me to go back re-read things that I've recorded in my journal.  I seem to learn more about myself through journaling. And well, I hope it's something my children and grandchildren will appreciate having when I'm gone.

There were so many wonderful and inspiring words shared during the conference this weekend, I had difficulty keeping up with my note taking.  My favorites talks from this semi-annual conference were this one, and this one and finally, this one.

IMG_8980

IMG_8992
A beautiful fall arrangement adorning my kitchen bar right now.  It makes me happy.

IMG_8960
Sunday morning, I made Jody's favorite breakfast dish...Breakfast Casserole.  YUM-EE!!

IMG_8985
My boys on their iPad and iPhone...we are quickly becoming an Apple kind of family around here.

ffd8c5dce40e4caabc2996b03114c5c7_7

IMG_8977

IMG_8974

lola
Lola -- our sweet kitty--stayed curled up next to me most of the weekend.

october general conference
My boys having some fun Saturday night playing arcade games at the pizza joint where we ate dinner.  I love watching these two spend time together.  It is the best hearing Noah belly laugh with his Daddy.

Overall...a great weekend-- my batteries were recharged both physically and spiritually.  

XOXO...

Jennifer

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!