Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Q & A : How I Make My Photo Blog Banners

Q:  Hey Jennifer....love your blog header, do you use Photoshop to create them?  I received this question from one of my readers this week.  I have had several people email similar questions as this one so I thought I'd do a quick post and share how I create my photo blog banners.

If you have been a reader of my blog for a while, you can attest to the fact that I am well, hummmm, how best should I say this....a bit obsessive compulsive and ADHD when it comes to my blog banners.  I change them in some form or fashion ALL THE TIME.  It drives my husband batty!!!  He keeps asking me to please keep the same banner for longer than a month.  He's Mister Consistent...Steady....I am not.  ;-)  I try...I really do, but I get bored with my headers so, so easy.

So my friends here's the skinny on how I learned how to make an easy peasy, DIY blog banner.   Let me introduce you to one of my favorite bloggers... Sarah at Clover Lane --many of you may already be familiar with her blog.  If not, you really should.  Sarah (in my opinion) created the most user friendly tutorial I have seen out there on how to create a photo blog banner using Picasa.  If you don't have Picasa, you can download it for free here.  It's a great software by Google that I use all the time to store and edit photos.  So to answer your question, I am not familiar enough with Photoshop to create my blog banners.  I strictly use Sarah's tutorial along with Picasa to create mine.  If you have been wanting to learn how to make a blog banner without having to pay big bucks for someone else to to create one for you, head on over to Sarah's tutorial here and start working on your very own cute banner.

Here are just a few banners I have created using Sarah's tutuorial:



















I hope this is helpful to you if you have been wanting to spice up your blog with an easy-peasy, DIY blog photo banner.  Have fun making your new banners using Sarah's tutorial and feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions or run into any problems.

Do you know of any other useful tutorials on how to create blog banners?  If so, please link up and share them in the comment section.  I always love learning new blog tricks and tips. 

XOXO...

Jennifer

4 comments:

  1. I have always noticed your eye catching banners. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your headers look good! I just found your blog and am enjoying reading about you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! Your header was definitely the first thing that attracted me to your blog! :0) I passed the link along to a friend and I will probably us it myself, too!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ .. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign