Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

King Ranch Saddle Shop.

IMG_7778

For some time now, Jody has been wanting to take me to Kingsville to visit the King Ranch Saddle shop.  It is about a 2 hour drive from where we live.  We decided to take a day trip recently to Kingsville to visit this store.  The King Ranch Saddle Shop is an outgrowth of the famous King Ranch in South Texas.  You can learn more about its history which spans back to the 19th century here.  

The store is located slap-dab in the middle of historic downtown Kingsville.  Just next door to it is this great jewelry shop.  They were having a trunk show the day we were there, so I decided to peek in and see what all they had.

Here are just a few pictures of all the beautiful jewelry and art they have for sale...
IMG_7781


I don't know who enjoyed this store more...me or my son!
IMG_7784

IMG_7786

IMG_7787

IMG_7788

IMG_7789

IMG_7792

IMG_7795

IMG_7785

IMG_7798

IMG_7800

I love southwest (particularly turquoise) jewelry and my sweet hubby knows this.  He helped me pick out this gorgeous turquoise necklace and bought it for me along with some matching earrings!!   I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!! 


We then headed next door to the Saddle Shop.


As soon as I walked in, I couldn't resist the urge to just start snapping pictures.  In addition to selling saddles and other horse gear, they also sell beautiful ranch furniture, apparel for men and women, jewelry, purses, boots, hunting gear and just all sorts of neat stuff.  Go here to see their online store.

So here is a photo tour of the King Ranch Saddle Shop...

IMG_7879

IMG_7882


IMG_7863

IMG_7865

IMG_7861

IMG_7845

I had fun trying on a few of things while we were there....
IMG_7854

IMG_7852

IMG_7816

IMG_7813

Noah had fun trying out all the ranch furniture...
IMG_7811

IMG_7810

IMG_7808

The saddle shop area...I loved looking at all the different tools they use to make and repair saddles.
IMG_7821

IMG_7819

IMG_7818

IMG_7817

Aww...some more lovely turquoise jewelry to tempt me.
IMG_7824

IMG_7829

Jody and Noah found all kinds of great "man" stuff, too.. 


IMG_7834

IMG_7835

IMG_7850

IMG_7837

IMG_7838

IMG_7839

IMG_7842

IMG_7844

IMG_7860

IMG_7858

IMG_7867

IMG_7868

IMG_7870

IMG_7883

Our little ranch hand in the making...
IMG_7871

IMG_7873

IMG_7875

IMG_7877
My lovely wind blown hair...argh!!
IMG_7895

IMG_7896


We enjoyed our day trip to Kingsville to see the King Ranch Saddle Shop.  On the drive home, we stopped in and ate at one of our favorite seafood joints, Kings Inn...the wait was killer (almost 2 hours) but it was oh-so-worth it in the end.

We drove home that night with full tummies, mama's new jewelry in tow and fun memories from our day in Kingsville.  Another neat little town in Texas that is rich with history.  We look forward to visiting the actual ranch on our next trip...what's crazy is King Ranch spans something like 825,000 acres across South Texas.  Wowzers...now that's a ranch folks!


Jennifer

5 comments:

  1. What two wonderfully interesting shops to browse! So many pretty things, and it makes me want to buy and find excuses to decorate like that!

    Your little one lloks adorable in all the different pictures in the cowboy hat:)

    But I liked the pictures with he and you, and his Dad giving hima kiss too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you went to the king ranch shop! i'm from corpus so kingsville is only 45 mins away. it's definitely a fun shop to go to! you should take the trip sometime when they have their annual king ranch breakfast at the actual ranch. it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely time! The pictures are so fun to look at. And what a gorgeous necklace, looks SO pretty on you :)

    I had to smile when I saw your son playing with the wind chimes, I know that my kids would have gravitated right to them! He's a cutie. Love his expressive face, you can tell he's a lil charmer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know this place existed, but looks right up our alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW look at all that gorgeous stuff! I love those cowboy boots!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright @ .. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign