8.08.2011

Bees, Wasp and Peanut Butter



{A special guest post by my hubby, Jody...a precious father and son conversation we want to remember always so we are recording it here}

On Friday afternoon, Jennifer got a bad migraine. Fortunately, I was in town and able to leave work early. I came home and picked Noah up so she could take some medicine that helps, but makes her very sleepy. Noah and I ran errands together, vacuumed and washed my truck, etc. When we were driving around town, we had the following conversation. 

"Daddy, tell me about bees".  "Well son, they are black and yellow and they can sting us."  "And they make honey for us, don't they Daddy?"  "Yes they do, son."   "Daddy, tell me about wasps (said with a big lisp)."  "Well son, they are like bees, they are usually red in color and they can sting us too."   Noah responded, "And they make peanut butter for us, don't they Daddy?"

It was one of those precious moments that you only get if you are spending quality time with your children. He and I had a lot of laughs together.


As I think about this special moment I had with my son last week, I am reminded of a message given by Thomas S. Monson about the love within our families:

“When we have sampled much and have wandered far and have seen how fleeting and sometimes superficial a lot of the world is, our gratitude grows for the privilege of being part of something we can count on—home and family and the loyalty of loved ones. We come to know what it means to be bound together by duty, by respect, by belonging. We learn that nothing can fully take the place of the blessed relationship of family life..

...Give your child a compliment and a hug; say, ‘I love you’ more; always express your thanks. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved. Friends move away, children grow up, loved ones pass on. It’s so easy to take others for granted, until that day when they’re gone from our lives and we are left with feelings of ‘what if’ and ‘if only.’ …"


Linking up here today:





4 comments:

  1. This is SO precious!! I love that you posted this conversation so you can be sure to remember it. I love hearing the cute things that kids say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute! what a fun memory for y'all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to get us some wasps--we go through a lot of peanut butter over here! So cute.

    ReplyDelete