Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Last day of camping trip.


Our summer camping trip came to an end this weekend.  Truth.... I'm a little bummed that it's over--actually, I'm really bummed.  The hubby and I rarely get time like this together with his busy work and church schedule, so I felt a little spoiled last week having him all to myself. ;-)  We had a great time spending the week camping in our RV. 

I thought I'd share a few pics of our little home away from home (I promised my brother, Brent some pics).  The hubby and I have always enjoyed RVing.  This is one of the many things that I love about my husband...he enjoys RV camping as much as I do.  As a little girl, I would go camping with my grandparents, Nanny and Grandad, in their RV. We'd take their camper over to Tyler State Park.  I have fond memories of sitting around the campfire cooking hot dogs and smores and riding my bike around the campsite circle with my brothers talking with all the other campers. We had fun learning how to play Skip-Bo with my grandmother while sitting in the cool A/C of their RV.  Such fun and special memories I will always have to cherish of hanging out with my grandparents in their RV camper. Jody and I hope to create similar special memories as a family with Noah.

We bought our first RV back in 2005 and have since then owned three others.  We have enjoyed the layout of this RV, probably more than any other RV we've owned--especially the back bunk area.  It's great for kids.  Noah spent the first 4 days camping with us and then went home with his grandparents to spend some quality time with them in East Texas.  It was good for him to spend this time with his grandparents and obviously a plus for Jody and I to have some time for just the two of us.  So my friends, here is a little glimpse of our RV (our little home away from home)...


The back bunk area is Noah's favorite place....he staked it out as soon as we bought this RV.  We added a little t.v. back there and he loves to hang out and watch his movies while playing with his cars and trucks.


The last day of our camping trip, we drove into town and ate at the Leaning Pear.  You can read more about this wonderful little Hill Country restaurant here.  A fine dining experience in a relaxed environment--perfect for us.

IMG_6905

IMG_6907
The food was great.  We especially enjoyed their homemade limemade and lemonade--so refreshing and a great way to cool off from the 100 degree summer weather.


This antique car was parked just outside the restaurant when we were leaving--Jody is a sucker for antique cars.  We snapped a few pictures of it before we left.

IMG_6926

IMG_6929

For dessert, we headed over to the local bakery, the Sugar Shack.  Such a cute little place and all sorts of fabulous sweets to choose from.  Not so good for the waistline, though. 

IMG_6948

When we walked in, the sweet smell was intoxicating.  I wanted one of everything!  

IMG_6953


We ended up opting for the lemon bars and their oh-so-tasty mini, double layer cakes.  The vanilla bean flavored cake was to die-for!


Later on, we headed out on a little trek down the Blanco River.  It was a beautiful walk...the views and peacefulness made it all the more difficult to leave. 


We had a wonderful time on our camping trip relaxing and enjoying the outdoors.  A nice break from the hustle and bustle of life. 

The hubby headed back to South Texas Saturday to get back to work and I hit the road headed for my parent's house in East Texas, where Noah has been staying.  I'll be spending the next several days at my parent's place with Noah.  My nieces and nephews are spending the week with us as well, so Noah is having a good 'ole time playing with his cousins.  In fact, I was awakened this morning to the noise of children running through the house giggling and laughing.  It should be a fun-filled week hanging out with family.


Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. Hey you listened to me and posed pics of your new camper...I like it alot! BB

    ReplyDelete