Thursday, June 16, 2011

A visit to the Los Angeles temple.

Jody was in Los Angeles, California recently on a business trip. He had some free time while there to do some sight seeing. On one of his stops, he visited the Los Angeles LDS temple. You can learn more about the history of this temple here. You might be thinking to yourself as you read this, what the heck is an LDS temple?? In the Mormon faith, temples are considered very special and sacred buildings. A place where we can go and worship in a more meaningful and personal way. We consider it an honor and privilege to be able to enter them. When Jody and I were married, we wed in the Houston, Texas temple. You can see this temple if you click here.

Something that the hubby and I like to do whenever we travel, is visit the local temple in that area (if there is one). I was so happy when he called me while he was on his trip and told me he had gone to see this temple. I was even more happy when he loaded all his pictures into our flickr account and I was able to see all the wonderful photos he had taken of the temple grounds.

Here are a few of my favorites...

IMG_0032

IMG_0020

IMG_0014

IMG_0028

IMG_0029

IMG_0034

IMG_0021

IMG_0036

IMG_0043

IMG_0050

IMG_0053


LA collage 18

IMG_0057

IMG_0041

While there, Jody also made the tour of the visitor's center. I have never seen such an extensive and impressive visitor center like this one...well I take that back, the Salt Lake City temple visitor's center is amazing as well.

Here are some of the photographs from the visitor's center:

IMG_0056

LA collage 13

LA collage 17

LA collage 16

LA collage 15

LA collage 14

LA collage 12

IMG_0073

LA collage 11

LA collage 19

I'd love to go back with my hubby some day and both of us go to the LA temple together.

If you'd like to learn a little bit more about why our church builds these beautiful temples, you should watch the video below. It explains in more detail their purpose. You can also see interior photographs from some of the temples around the world in this video.

I guess if I could sum it up for you, the main purpose why we Mormons build temples is twofold....to help the members of our church draw closer to God and the Savior Jesus Christ and then secondly, to strengthen our understanding of why the family is central to God's plan and how families can be together forever.



Jennifer



No comments:

Post a Comment