Friday, June 3, 2011

Progress....a prayer answered.



"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination."
-Don Williams, Jr.

In a post this week, I shared with you how we were scrambling trying to find a PRIDE adoption class to take in order to meet a deadline to be considered as one of the adoptive families for two little girls who are currently in foster care.

Well, I'm happy to tell you that our prayers were answered yesterday afternoon. After calling around all week, I found (was led, no doubt) to this dear man, Douglas, who is an adoption recruiter here in South Texas. I explained our situation to him over the phone on Wednesday afternoon and he kindly offered to make some calls and see if he could find a PRIDE class for us to take. I heard back from him late yesterday afternoon and he confirmed the good news--- he had found a class for us to take....a 2 day course-AND- even better, it's this weekend. Yipeee!!!

We are happy and relieved that we can get this class behind us and even more relieved that it is so soon. I am truly grateful to those of you who have emailed with well wishes, happy thoughts and offered prayers for us this week. I can't tell you how touched I have been by your kind thoughts. I know that our prayers were heard. I am especially thankful for Douglas (a complete stranger) who made a choice to help us. He expressed to me over the phone how passionate he is about adoption and how he has seen first hand how it changes kids lives for the better. I have no doubt that God led me to Douglas. He knew this kind man would be receptive to our request and do whatever he could to help us. Isn't it amazing how God often times works the little miracles in our lives through complete strangers?

Speaking of prayers and hope...have you seen this interview? If not, you should take some time this weekend and watch it. I watched it this morning and I'm so glad I did. For me, the last 15 minutes are the most powerful of the interview. Such an inspiring couple they are---a great example of how one's faith and a deep love of God can get you through anything.

In essence, God can turn those awful, icky "mud puddle" moments of our lives into beautiful "cupcake" moments, if we just open our hearts to Him. I was reminded of that this week.

XOXO...

Jennifer

1 comment: