Friday, May 6, 2011

Special {cupcake} moment for the week...

IMG_4935

When I picked Noah up from his preschool yesterday, he had a special Mother's Day gift for me.

He came running up to me {grinning from ear to ear} with excitement about the gift he had made for me. Oh my goodness--my heart was so full at that moment. The excitement and sparkle in those beautiful, ocean blue eyes melted my heart.

I felt loved...a pure, deep, heartfelt love.

IMG_4949

IMG_4943

IMG_4933

IMG_4940
{Noah enjoying being my photographer...he said, "Mommy--it's my turn!"}

IMG_4955

"It is the little things that count
And give a mother pleasure-
The things her children bring to her
Which they so richly treasure...
The picture that is smudged a bit
With tiny fingerprints,
The colored rock, the lightning bugs,
The sticky peppermints;
The ragged, bright bouquet of flowers
A child brings, roots and all-
These things delight a mother's heart
Although they seem quite small,
A mother can see beauty
In the very smallest thing
For there's a little bit of heaven
In a small child's offering."

~Katherine Nelson Davis

XOXO...

Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. kids gifts are hands down THE BEST! so sweet!! happy mother's day, sweet jen!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious! What a sweet boy you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog, Jenn! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete