5.20.2011

Oatmeal Cookies




To make these tasty cookies, here is all you need:

Flour
Sugar
Brown Sugar
Baking Soda
Eggs
Vanilla
Salt
Oats
Shortening




To begin, add 1 cup of shortening to a large mixing bowl...

Next, 1 cup of packed brown sugar...

Then add 1 cup of sugar...

Now it's time to mix it all together...

Set the mixed ingredients aside for now, and crack 2 eggs in a mixing bowl…and beat together...

Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla...

Now add the egg mixture…and mix it all together well.

Next add 1 1/2 cup of flour in a large mixing bowl.

Then add 1 teaspoon of salt to the flour...

Next, add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and get ready to stir it all together.

Add the flour mixture to your sugar dough mixture...

And get to mix'in it all together real well...again, don't over do it though.

Once mixed, add those oats to the mixture (3 cups)

Mix them in well.

And now it's time to start spoon'in out the dough onto your cookie sheet.


Bake in the oven for 11-15 minutes (or until golden brown)....



4 comments:

  1. Those look so good!!
    My 4 year old son suffered horrible allergies too. Stuffy nose, puffy eyes, the works! I tried so many allergy medicines and none of them worked well. Then I started researching it and found that a lack of vitamin D in children can make allergies worse. (Keep in mind, I'm by no means a doctor) I've been giving him a vitamin D gummy every morning and his horrible allergies are completely gone. It's amazing. Again, not a doctor, but it might be something worth researching. I wanted to share because I'm amazed at how it's worked with my son.
    That was a really long comment - I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! And they would go so well paired with my mug of black tea! Thanks for sharing (and I'm glad you didn't drop the camera!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been craving these since I read this post a little while ago. I'm going to make them! What's the oven temp.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay--well, for better or for worse, I guessed on the oven temp based on other recipes because...
    a)I REALLY wanted to eat these! :O)
    b)We decided these would be great for Kaylin's teachers on the last day of school tomorrow.

    Oh. my. goodness. SO YUMMY!!!! Thank you for a winner of a recipe that will stay with our family for a long time! :)

    ReplyDelete