4.13.2011

A warm spring day...



Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"
~Robin Williams

At our house...we couldn't agree more with Robin Williams. It is gorgeous in these parts of Texas this time of year!

We've had great warm spring weather here lately and therefore....being outside in the backyard is becoming a regular event for us.



We went outside yesterday to check on our bird feeders. Little Man loves helping refill the feeders and spread the seed on the ground to attract the birds. It has become a daily ritual for mother and son. I love this time together with my son.

IMG_4156

IMG_4154

IMG_4145

IMG_4160

IMG_4165

IMG_4162

IMG_4176




Little Man decided it was time to cool off. He pulled off his shorts, filled up his yellow wade pool and cooled off in it. He's pretty independent like that. Of course, I am never too far away -- overseeing all of this with an ever watchful eye. ;-) I didn't fight him on it because it felt wonderful outside and I know how much he loves to play in the water.














After a while, he came over and showed me these wrinkled hands. I told him, "Son...you are getting all wrinkled--I don't want you to catch another cold. It's time to turn the water off and go inside to dry off" ....




And well, you can imagine how well that went over...



It got ugly...





...But thankfully--mommy and son quickly made up once inside the house. I had a little help from the homemade chocolate brownies I had waiting for him to snack on. ;-)

Oh the joys of being a kid...


XOXO...

Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness he is looking too old too fast. I still think of him as the cutest little boy in Va with the best personality. It looks like you guys are doing great I haven't been one your blog lately how I have missed reading it. I am jealous of your gorgeous weather oh how I miss the valley. Such a great place

    ReplyDelete