Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cupcake Mania.

cupcake collage

I'm amazed at all the buzz cupcakes are getting these days...

It seems as if more and more cupcake bakeries are popping up and becoming wildly popular. My husband is of the opinion that it is just a fad and that people won't continue to pay insane amounts of money for something as simple as cupcakes for long. He's probably right, but I'm not really sure if I agree with him. Maybe it's just because I have a serious weakness for cupcakes. I mean seriously....I L-O-V-E to eat cupcakes--yeah, I know--they're a complete buzz kill for the waistline, but my goodness, who can pass up a beautifully decorated cupcake?? ;-)

As many of you know, cupcakes even have their own reality shows...this show is my favorite. There are even all sorts of cupcake blogs out there that teach you the "Cupcakes 101" basics.
I enjoy following these:

Cupcake Project

Hello, Cupcake!


All Things Cupcake

Cupcakes Take the Cake

52 Cupcakes

The Cupcake Blog

Bakerella

I've been looking online this week...I'd like to purchase a good cupcake recipe book. There is a great list of resources over at TomKat Studio. Each Monday, they have a post dedicated strictly to cupcakes. Recently their contributing poster, Tanya, of Save the Date for Cupcakes, provided TomKat readers a list of great books you can buy on the art of making cupcakes. You can find that list here. I think I'll be able to pick a great book for my kitchen from this list. Maybe you can, too!

Jody and I were in Houston recently and we stopped in at a local favorite cupcake shop called, Crave Cupcakes. It was our first time to visit a specialty cupcake shop.



The minute you walk in this darling cupcake shop, you are overcome with the enticing sweet fragrance of cupcakes baking away in the ovens. My mouth began to water immediately. We were also sucked in at the side window of the shop where you can watch the employees ice and decorate cupcakes. There is definitely an art to making a cupcake look all nice and pretty...one that I'm sad to say, I haven't mastered. Mine are tasty, but pretty sloppy looking when it comes to the icing. :-(









picnikfile_slRjE7



Well, that's enough on cupcakes for today. My waistline really can't take anymore sweets...I'm still recovering from all the Easter candy I inhaled over the weekend.

If you are ever in the Houston area, you should definitely stop in at Crave Cupcakes...the Italian Cream is quite tasty! ;-)

Be sure to stop by tomorrow--I have a great {early} Mother's Day giveaway to share with you...

XOXO...

Jennifer


2 comments:

  1. Crave looks like an awesome place to have nearby and is decorated in such an appealing way! If I'm ever in Houston, I'd love to stop by there. I like your new blog name and the logo is bright and colorful. So fun! Now I have a craving for a cupcake though! Thanks a lot, Jennifer! :D

    ReplyDelete